Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 40mm

Thread: NHM 90 .223 Magazines

NHM 90 .223 Magazines

Where the heck are all the 5.56/.223 AK magazines at? They imported a bazillion of these guns but no mags? I know I am not likely to find any 7 round mags but surely there are some 5 round mags around somewhere?

Note: I know gun shitty has them for $100 but come on, surely there is somewhere else that has them cheaper.

Help.

res
    keep in mind that .223 ak mags are not all interchangable like both sorts of x39 are, so your stuck with the mags made for your exact rifle only if you dont want to go down the tuneing route
    Using Tapatalk

True but the.223 version is $500 cheaper than the 7.62 one so if feel like if I can find them cheapish it will be worth being stuck with proprietary mags.

The mags are out there, but most people keep them as they aren't that available.

Personally I think its weird having a .223 ak If I were asked to prescribe you a remedy to your woes I would insist that you sell said offending rifle and purchase a type 56s or similar in 7.62x39, and also an AR15 type rifle in .223/5.56

Problem solved, and you will sleep better knowing that your rifles are properly organised.

Dr 40mm
    300_BLK and Andrew11 like this.
    Use enough gun

Banned
    An AK in .223 is near as dammit to an AK74

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    An AK in .223 is near as dammit to an AK74
    Yeah, but the mags just look weird.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The factory Norinco .223 AK rifles are highly desireable......one of the very most sought after AK's on the used market in the US (as they can't import Chinese rifles anymore).Great rifles if you are happy just using the small mags....which is all you are supposed to be using in them anyway,down here at least.
    Yeah Americans are paying thousands for them and are super keen on them. They're really popular in Russia too apparently.

Baby mags are fine but I'd prefer to have the full 7 rounds allowed so the 5 rounders are a pain and I can only imagine the shit I'd get from the Fudds at my range if I used mag couplers. The mags seem to be the only major downside to the .223 AKs. Still yet to find any cheap ones, best I can find is $80 for a 5 round baby mag from GC. Burley Arms told me they've been trying to find 5 or 7 round .223 AK mags for ages and have had no luck.

https://www.guncity.com/-245408

Those ones ? Fairly sure they can be turned into a 7 shot with a small amount of tinkering with the spring or the follower