Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TLB

Thread: NIGHT TECH HD25 THERMAL

NIGHT TECH HD25 THERMAL

anyone tried this unit.

TLB
    Yeah I have used one a fair bit. As far as value for money goes in my opinion they are hands down the best but the the focal length is not very long so it is a close range wide field of view thermal. Awesome for spotting hares, rabbits etc at night but if you were planning on using it soley for deer I would pay the extra and get either the hd35, hd50 or spend at least $5000 on a pulsar unit.

Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Yeah I have used one a fair bit. As far as value for money goes in my opinion they are hands down the best but the the focal length is not very long so it is a close range wide field of view thermal. Awesome for spotting hares, rabbits etc at night but if you were planning on using it soley for deer I would pay the extra and get either the hd35, hd50 or spend at least $5000 on a pulsar unit.
    Thanks, have used the Pulsar units, as the max distance needed is a couple of hundred metres was looking at cheaper units.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Thanks, have used the Pulsar units, as the max distance needed is a couple of hundred metres was looking at cheaper units.
    Leupold lto, works fine but wouldn't be looking outside 200m and would be better for larger animals as there aren't that many pixels

Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Thought if you had little problem with a rabbit, a deer size object would show up easier?

TLB
    Deer show up piece of cake but you can't see say a deer's head in a patch of bush at 300 metres like the higher end pulsar units or half of a deer out from behind a bush at 600 plus metres hence why I said that aren't so good for deer. Just general night spotting in open country they are fine.
    It has a wide field of view so awesome for close stuff as you don't have to do as much scanning as the more zoomed in higher end units, hares and rabbits can be spotted at out over 100m and deer 400 plus depending on the size.
    It is as good if not better image quality than the cheaper pulsar units but a lot cheaper.
    tetawa likes this.