Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Night vision

Night vision

Hi looking at buying a pulsar digex n 450 or n455. Anyone have one? Any complaints. I see you can get the it power 350 or 300 nm? Or ir 850 or 940 nm, can any one explain diff ? Which is better. Practically how far do you see shoot too ? Appreciate any advice. Cheers

I don't have one but do have a pard add on unit the 007a. The 850 and 900 refer to the wavelength of the illuminator. 850 is just in the infra red portion of the spectrum the human eye will see a faint red glow looking directly at it. It's also just on the edge of the spectrum deer and other game can see. 950 is totally invisible.
    So far I've had no trouble with the built in illuminator its 850 nm and it's shootable range is 250 metres.
    I have had trouble however with depth perception and range estimation as the screen Image seems to lack the depth perception optics have.
    I see your looking at dedicated units, during the day the pard has difficulty with highly contrasting light and dark which makes it very hard to use. I just leave it off till evening than attach it. A dedicated nv scope might have better contrast control for daytime use.
    Joe_90 likes this.

Thanks for the reply. . So what’s better ? Pulsar 840 or 900 Illuminator. Longer range. .. has anyone got one or another option I should look at.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    A 850nm torch will give you more range for the same power/lens than say a 940nm torch as the higher you go you need more power to overcome the 'darker' wave length for the devices to see
    I have a bunch that I've tested or am about to test - awaiting a bunch of 850nm Lasers from the UK to arrive - have seen images from a client using that here - very bright

Hi thanks for that I’ve been doing some research and to get the best out of the pulsar I should look at upgrading the light. See sniper dog 66lrx get great rapts does anyone sell in NZ ? But will buy one with 840 nm and upgrade. Do you sell them ?

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    All NV units work better with good light - its the simplest thing to improve their performance - not seen one of those - I have IR Light Builds, LaserLuchs and Nitecore, I've measured 2 of them against our PARD's internal IR - awaiting the third to arrive - you have to balance the power, vs what you want to achieve (too much, too wide = not as good overall)

Have a look at the UK forums - heaps on their about different units