Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Question Night Vision Add-Ons ( Sytong for eg ) and Non-parallax scope focussing feedback

Would value any feedback regarding using these type of night vision add-on units, onto scopes with no parallax adjustment...

How does one get the scope image focussed when viewing through said Add-on, when the only adjustment left is reticle focus... was assured it would work, though not convinced upon initial viewing and limited adjustments.

I've got a HT-77 sytong and yeah, it's not going to be fun without parallax.
    With the NV mounted up to the scope where you want it, all centred up etc the basic focusing procedure is to focus the NV eye piece first - ie select the menu and adjust the eye piece until text is nice and crisp.
    Then adjust the focus wheel on the NV (knob on on LHS on the 77) to bring the reticle into focus. Then in theory, everything is done on the parallax wheel or front AO (although you might have to trim the NV focus with large zoom changes and the like).
    Without parallax I guess you're left with using the NV focus to compensate - sharpening up the target may make the reticle blurrier and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by threefootsix View Post
    I've got a HT-77 sytong and yeah, it's not going to be fun without parallax.
    With the NV mounted up to the scope where you want it, all centred up etc the basic focusing procedure is to focus the NV eye piece first - ie select the menu and adjust the eye piece until text is nice and crisp.
    Then adjust the focus wheel on the NV (knob on on LHS on the 77) to bring the reticle into focus. Then in theory, everything is done on the parallax wheel or front AO (although you might have to trim the NV focus with large zoom changes and the like).
    Without parallax I guess you're left with using the NV focus to compensate - sharpening up the target may make the reticle blurrier and vice-versa.
    Thanks for confirming - I have just picked up the same HT model... Bugger, now I need a parallax-enabled scope...