Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Nikon Prostaff 5 60A Fieldscope - any feedback

Hi just wondering if anyone has tested a Nikon Prostaff 5 60A Fieldscope for both hunting and range

https://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz/Nikon...60A-Fieldscope

Huntertoo
    My Son and I looked at spotting scopes for some time before we settled on a Nikon FName:  598AEA3D-6126-4EBF-910D-465DA125BEC7.jpeg
Views: 221
Size:  1.67 MBieldscope ed 111 60.
    It ended up in Canada Guiding for Five years and often to the dismay of clients with very high end spotting scopes, the Nikon was on par with theirs. Compared in all conditions. Not bad for an ebay sourced used scope.
    After seeing the boys 60 mm, I was so impressed I got a 80 mm. Bigger and heavier but when a horse carries it , thats ok.
    No regrets at all, fantastic glass as Nikon has been using the same glass in it’s camera’s fore ever.
    If the prostaff is the next generation it should be fantastic, however I would google bird watching and scope reviews as many of these sites have very good reviews on spotting scopes.

The prostaff is a major step down in glass quality compared to a Nikon fieldscope ED. I think with spotting scopes and their big magnifications and objectives any performance issues with the glass are literally magnified. That prostaff may be OK for using on a range etc but you'll find yourself wanting if you're doing any real hunting with it. I've recently bought a Delta Titanium ED 15-45 through @Sarvo, you're looking at around the $1200 mark and I've been extremely impressed with it, my previous spotter was a Swarovski 20-60 ATS and if anything I think the Delta is actually a fair bit better, glass is great right through the mag range and colours really pop, CA is extremely minimal and on par (and again in some cases, better..) than all the alpha scopes I've used. The best part about it is I've found it very forgiving in the eyebox compared to my Swaro and it's easy to sit behind it for long periods.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

All the Delta glass is proving exceptional - especially given the price to comparable Brands
    $1195 on the Spotter incl delivery