Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Norinco magazine feed issue.

Right, been out looking for a deer and using a 7.62X39 Norinco.

I’ve a three shot mag and if I fill it with three rounds and work the bolt the top round jumps ahead of the bolt which in turn won’t close on the chambered round.
    If I shake that round out and again work the bolt the round gets grabbed by the bolt and chamber as smooth as silk.

Is (a) the bolt designed NOT to be able to close on a chambered round ( like many Mauser action rifles) and designed to lock onto the round rim as it comes out of the mag? (b) or???
    And if (a) is there a mod I can make to the mag that will stop the top round from jumping ahead of the bolt?
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

strange as I never had issue with it at all.....does it do it with the 5?????
    Ive heard of guys breaking the extractor claw and refurbishing one out of car spring as had trouble getting replacement....
    will watch reply with interest @gundoc

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    strange as I never had issue with it at all.....does it do it with the 5?????
    Ive heard of guys breaking the extractor claw and refurbishing one out of car spring as had trouble getting replacement....
    will watch reply with interest @gundoc
    Haven’t tried the five shot mag.
    And yeah, I remember reading about that extractor breaking thing so decided not to force the bolt forwards, I just shook out the chambered round, worked the bolt to chamber round two and took out the mag and topped it up.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’