Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LJP

NZ Bartlein barrel agent?

Is there anyone bringing Bartlein barrels into NZ? I'm looking at ordering ahead for an upcoming project.

DAF
    I think DED are, good luck
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

And of course they don't carry stock. (Would not in fairness expect them to carry a vast selection and their website doesn't suggest they actually have stock.) When I rang recently they were not particularly helpful and said the current shipment that was about to land was all sold. "Next one months and months away". Didn't ask me what I was looking for. That was it. Gave up. Looking at another Lilja of Shilen (12 weeks delivery for non standard contour). Unfortunately Bartlein are one of the best. If you look at their website it is obvious they are up to their gunnels in orders as some lines they have suspended taking orders on.

What makes one "premium" barrel maker better than the rest?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Bartlein currently one of the top barrels used by the Yanks in competition closely followed by Krieger. Probably not so relevant if a hunting rifle.
    Although in the States the barrel preferences seem a bit regional as well with some areas favouring Hart, Lilja and so on.
    May also be in part to the supposedly (in some people's opinions ) better barrels being cut rifling.
    And of course the Yanks never mention European or British barrels.

But of course VC I am not telling you anything you don't already know. Cheers

Re: NZ Bartlein barrel agent?

Id just go true flite or vulcan. How much smaller than a couple mm can a group get

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    VC I never answered your question - ran away at the gob. I guessing with Bartlein that they are a smaller outfit
    of guys who are all dedicated shooters themselves currently making a quality product. That quality may drop off if they need to push up their output.

L.R
    A bartlein barrel is very consistent. I'd take a bartlein over a trueflight every time, even if it was twice the price.

Why dont you try Dean Maisey ,last I heard he had a few in stock. He is also the agent for Pac-nor barrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Is there anyone bringing Bartlein barrels into NZ? I'm looking at ordering ahead for an upcoming project.

Bartlein ,

Their are 3 reasons for them having such a following .

They are cut -rifled
    They will do ANY twist you want down to as tight as 1-6.5 , basically anything you want , ie 1-9.350 , and they guarantee that to a very tight tolerance , so if you order saya 1-8 , its bang on , not a 1-8.2 , but a exact 1-8 twist other makers are not as accurate with their twist rates , also gain twist , 5R etc .
    And the main 2 guys , learnt their trade at Kurgiers .

For those reasons & all the matches being won with Bartlein barrels .

Later Chris

LJP
    Thanks for the leads everyone - I'll check them out & see what I can dig up

I have & do use Tueflite Ultramatch barrels but have never compared them to any other barrel manufacturer in terms of accuracy, barrel life, cleaning etc. I figured the next project may have been an opportunity to see just how good our homegrown NZ product is.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    The trouble with producing the very best barrels in the world is the overwhelming world wide demand that results from being so popular. The Guys at Bartlein at this time are trying there best to keep everyone happy but this isn't always possible with supply and orders being very slow. D.E.D.s are the NZ agent for Bartlein and who you need to get in touch with if your interested just be ready for a bit of a wait.
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The trouble with producing the very best barrels in the world is the overwhelming world wide demand that results from being so popular. The Guys at Bartlein at this time are trying there best to keep everyone happy but this isn't always possible with supply and orders being very slow. D.E.D.s are the NZ agent for Bartlein and who you need to get in touch with if your interested just be ready for a bit of a wait.
    Find another NZ smith if you can to get you a Bartlein. But be prepared to wait up to a year. The above mentioned source is not reliable. (Personal experience not heresay.)

R93
    Abe should put a pic of the very first 9 shot group he fired with a brand new Vulcan barrel while Fireforming. I cant see how you could expect any more accuracy. It was a piece of shit Blaser he has never fired before but.
    Last edited by R93; 27-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

L.R
    Yeah but what about some of the other Vulcan's that don't shoot 1 hole. I'm not saying the Vulcan is a bad barrel but button barrels seem to be a little hit and miss. Bartleins all seem to shoot tiny groups.