Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NZ made Ranger 10 round mags for Tikka T3

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113

    NZ made Ranger 10 round mags for Tikka T3

    Gun City is advertising NZ made Ranger 10 round mags for the Tikka T3.
    Anyone know anything about them, who the manufacturer is, and how well they perform?

    They are bloody expensive, but way cheaper than 2x 5 round factory mags.
    I need extra mags/capacity for the .223.

    Ranger Tikka T3 - T3X 10 Round Alloy Magazine 204, 222, 223
    Ranger Tikka T3 / T3X 10 Round Mag *Choose Calibre*

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    147
    250 Bucks!

    God Dammit if they were even a little cheaper id buy one right now for the 22-250.

    I was running two 3shot mags for a while but gave one to a mate after he lost his 308 mag. A ten shot would be the business.

    Why are they so bloody expensive.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Kapiti Coast
    Posts
    641
    Are they totally taking the piss on the price of these.
    "ranger" brand has never had a reputation of quality, and as such was priced accordingly....until now.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113
    So who makes them??

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,709
    Hmm Tempting 308 only gets 3 in it, not much use when you see a mob of half a dozen goats! But $250..... Wonder if you could import them, technically not a firearm part so i was told!

  6. #6
    Member Steve123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Are they totally taking the piss on the price of these.
    "ranger" brand has never had a reputation of quality, and as such was priced accordingly....until now.
    All mags are a ripoff here, I got one of the 6 round tikka mags for my 223 and have had nothing but problems with it. No problems at all with the standard 4 rounds at all.( except its too small)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    All mags are a ripoff here, I got one of the 6 round tikka mags for my 223 and have had nothing but problems with it. No problems at all with the standard 4 rounds at all.( except its too small)
    what issues are you having with the 6 round mag?

  8. #8
    Member Steve123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    2,340
    It was jamming after the third round was fed in. Looked like the spring or follower was getting caught on the lower part of the casing. I tried chamfering the lower part of the case and now can get 6 in most of the time but the last time I used it the follower was not putting the round up enough for the bolt to chamber.
    Not at all happy with that may. The rifle it's self is great though. Got five shots of factory ammo in pretty much one big hole a few weeks back.

    Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve123; 13-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113
    I had a very similar issue with my 22-250 mags. The follower would appear to jam when trying to load the 4th round and on occasion the follower would tilt up spitting the rounds out the top of the mag. In frustration I attempted to force the rounds down keeping them level with 3 in the mag and something snapped! Not sure what it was but I am guessing it was a moulding divot of some sort. After doing this, the mag loaded faultlessly and has ever since. Grabbed the other 4 mags and did exactly the same thing. Snap, snap, snap, snap. The all now take the full 5 rounds and rarely cause a feed problem.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    I had a very similar issue with my 22-250 mags. The follower would appear to jam when trying to load the 4th round and on occasion the follower would tilt up spitting the rounds out the top of the mag. In frustration I attempted to force the rounds down keeping them level with 3 in the mag and something snapped! Not sure what it was but I am guessing it was a moulding divot of some sort. After doing this, the mag loaded faultlessly and has ever since. Grabbed the other 4 mags and did exactly the same thing. Snap, snap, snap, snap. The all now take the full 5 rounds and rarely cause a feed problem.
    Hot barrels where did you get that many five round 22-250 mags from, did you get them for a sensible price?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hot barrels where did you get that many five round 22-250 mags from, did you get them for a sensible price?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imported them out of the USA. Landed cost was NZ$92 each.
    scottrods likes this.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South of Christchurch
    Posts
    1,459
    Importing them is the way to go, if you can get the country of sale to send here.
    USA harder to get stuff out of.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    147
    That's a good price. So who is leading the charge on importing a bulk load of ten round mags for us


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    223nut likes this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    That's a good price. So who is leading the charge on importing a bulk load of ten round mags for us


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Put me down for a 223 and a 308

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auck
    Posts
    1,113
    The above price was based on a batch size of three mags at a time, and you need to find someone willing to sell them for US$33.32 each (to keep below the US100 mark) and get them sent through to boarderview.com for shipping to nz.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: AR15 Colt made 20 round magazines
    By robs in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 11:26 AM
  2. WTS 30 round AR mags
    By Alonzo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 07:51 AM
  3. WTS 20 round AR mags
    By Alonzo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 09:20 PM
  4. WTB FAL and SLR 20-30 round mags.
    By Nate in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-11-2013, 07:43 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-07-2013, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!