Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: NZ Police import permit 'Hand in' MSSA policy

What a waste of time, effort and money. Police are really taking the piss.

As for the mention of the UN treaty, does that mean the states are not part of it? Because you can build your own rifle there, if they're not part of it why the fuck do we feel the need to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This guy being a good example: Gun collector's actions 'abhorrent' - National - NZ Herald News , sentenced to 21 months for selling 121 restricted firearms, inc at least 30 pistols and 4 "machine guns". Reckon he actually served 21 months? Even if he did serve the whole lot, that's just over 5 days per restricted firearm ffs
    This has to be the most ridiculous example of our firearms law in history. Here we are asking how criminals get guns, all while insisting that in other areas of crime that harsh penalties are great deterrents but fail to apply it across the board including firearm crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    What a waste of time, effort and money. Police are really taking the piss.

As for the mention of the UN treaty, does that mean the states are not part of it? Because you can build your own rifle there, if they're not part of it why the fuck do we feel the need to be?
    I wonder?

Helen Clark emerges as bookies' favourite for top job at UN | The National Business Review
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

This whole thing is just off the Richter scale of stupidity.
    I asked politely at the AO office about this 'hand in' and was told that this is new policy.
    Not wanting to get into a robust discussion in the Police Station about how this is ultra vires and no where is it in the Arms Act I left it at that.
    I'll just shift A-cat parts I already own into the E-Cat rifle and buy new replacement parts for the A-Cat locally, no permit or bullsh*t hand in required.

PS, instead of also handing in my import permit notification form for some MSSA mags (no 'hand in' was required for those ) then, I purposely went to another station and asked them to send that via internal mail, so they get to waste more time paper pushing.

mikee and Tommy like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Just read that NZ herald artical.
    So they want to tighten gun laws?
    Yet the courts can't back the laws!
    Yet again law abiding people pay

God first we had Blair now that B*#*{=ее For Petes sake I'd hoped she had crawled of some where down wind to decompose quietly

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    God first we had Blair now that B*#*{=ее For Petes sake I'd hoped she had crawled of some where down wind to decompose quietly
    Are you actually for real ???. She actually buried anything to do with the Firearms laws and National ( the morons ) dug up the corpse and tried to dress it up .

No politics please guys.
    Tommy and Steve123 like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    This whole thing is just off the Richter scale of stupidity.
    I asked politely at the AO office about this 'hand in' and was told that this is new policy.
    Not wanting to get into a robust discussion in the Police Station about how this is ultra vires and no where is it in the Arms Act I left it at that.
    I'll just shift A-cat parts I already own into the E-Cat rifle and buy new replacement parts for the A-Cat locally, no permit or bullsh*t hand in required.

PS, instead of also handing in my import permit notification form for some MSSA mags (no 'hand in' was required for those ) then, I purposely went to another station and asked them to send that via internal mail, so they get to waste more time paper pushing.

@dogmatix

Ask, politely, for a copy of said "New Policy".

My bet is the AO won't be able to produce one.

Cheers
    Pete
    dogmatix and Savage1 like this.

Just received my import permit for a complete A1 upper. However the conditions written on my permit that I'm a member of a pistol club (which I am anyway) and the imported part to be indelibly marked/stamped with a unique serial number. Since when was that ever policy???

This just gets better and better.
    nzvermin and Tommy like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Makes me want to apply for a permit just so I can ask a bunch of awkward questions.

Wtf

Had the awkward conversation with my AO after sending him an email about the legitimacy of the imposed conditions. Got told outright that PNHQ have the right to put any conditions on the permit. So if I were to argue against the conditions, the existing permit will be canceled. Apparently this is the start of more to come. Going to figure out what serial number to put on the upper receiver since it's an imposed condition.

A fucking serial number on an upper....
    Guess we better start putting serial numbers on every pin on every firearm we own.
    Seriously a serial number on an upper, what about when you put it on an A cat gun and sell it? What good was that serial number to them?