Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dvk-kp
  • 1 Post By 308
  • 1 Post By gundoc

Thread: NZAHAA Wellington auction

NZAHAA Wellington auction

Did anyone who attended care to give us an update? Prices up or down, etc.

Cole
    My workmate went along expecting to spend 10k to get all the things he wanted, got everything plus a bit more for 6ish. He said people seemed to be holding on to their money at the moment.

A Brno fox went for 750… a Vickers machine gun that he said usually always go for around 10k went for 4.

He got me a coach gun in good condition for $170.

That’s just a couple of things but seems like prices are down.
    gundoc likes this.

Relatively quiet by previous standards, I am told
    Fashions change, Thompsons were a bit cheaper and you can't give away powder flasks
    The usual dealers were snapping things up and as was said to me, If you beat a dealer you know you got an ok price
    A lot of bayonets/swords went for good money
    Enfields sold for higher than normal and the stock on offer wasn't that stellar - it was remarked that it may be the shift back to A-cat which drove that market?
    One spirited bidding war over an old sixgun but not as consistently dramatic as in the past

Nicely run and I would wager that the folks dropping their kids off at the swimming pool next door had no idea what was going on which is the world that we live in these days..
    gundoc likes this.

Good auction. Same as above, prices seemed quite low overall. Got a Boer war Mauser carbine with an exc bore for 1200, but it had a swedish cocking piece and it's calibre was incorrect in the description. It wasn't identified as Boer war so that didn't do it any favors. The long rifle there went for 2400, had a rough barrel and they are much more plentiful. The NZ made Stens went for good money. 303's were pretty low though.
    Name:  20220507_164022.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  7.07 MB
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Yes, a mate got one of the NZ Stens. They are incredibly rare with only 2 or 3 in private hands and only a small handful in museums.
    FRST likes this.