Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: OH NO I just found a reason to buy a 10/22 : Magpuls New Stock

OH NO I just found a reason to buy a 10/22 : Magpuls New Stock

I always thought that I would be able to resist

Unfortunately this has come out:

https://www.magpul.com/products/hunt...ck-ruger-10-22

I know if they make it here the RRP will be $800 but that must be the coolest .22 stock ever.
    southernredneck likes this.

I like It. Recently bought an older 10/22 for bugger all with the intention of building something out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

a resounding "meh" when I first saw it, and much the same now
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    a resounding "meh" when I first saw it, and much the same now
    +1

No matter how much you dress it up it's still a 10/22.
    Savage1, BRADS and Steve123 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Are you smoking something??? thats ugly. Looks like a 5 year old made it with lego...........Almost liked the top picture that looked like a straight pull, but alas someone has just added a big handle to the cocking piece.

I like the 10/22 design, I am not a big fan of the Ruger quality having been stung before, I just prefer something more elegant. Liek the 10/22 international model with the full wood mannlicher style stock in walnut.....(Google Ruger 10/22 International model Images) Now they look good.

I will also admit this is my opinion only, and if you really like the magpul, well its you r money, who an I to say what you should like.....If we all had the same taste, we would all have the same rifle and the world would be very boring...

northdude
    id put a paua shell cheek rest on it as well

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    id put a paua shell cheek rest on it as well
    FUK, you got there before me.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

any one who buys a stock worth 2 times what the rifle is worth must have cash to burn i wish i could afford to spend $1200 on a factory 10/22 with a fancy stock lol

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Are you smoking something??? thats ugly. Looks like a 5 year old made it with lego...........Almost liked the top picture that looked like a straight pull, but alas someone has just added a big handle to the cocking piece.

I like the 10/22 design, I am not a big fan of the Ruger quality having been stung before, I just prefer something more elegant. Liek the 10/22 international model with the full wood mannlicher style stock in walnut.....(Google Ruger 10/22 International model Images) Now they look good.

I will also admit this is my opinion only, and if you really like the magpul, well its you r money, who an I to say what you should like.....If we all had the same taste, we would all have the same rifle and the world would be very boring...
    But you did anyway...so you put someone down, say it aint your thing, then say but who am I to say........
    Tommy, 300CALMAN and Skatieguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    +1

No matter how much you dress it up it's still a 10/22.
    You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
    gadgetman, Scouser and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
    Black TACTICOOL glitter ??

OK so I was being slightly sarcastic, I cant believe Magpul is making 10/22 stocks? I guess they are too successful to care anymore. What's next Remington 700 ones

It does look a bit like the lithgo crossover stock though.

No I haven't purchased a 10/22 or have plans to purchase one soon. However one of the reasons I don't like them is the pox little stocks. If you are tall they are like trying to hold a midgets pistol. The one selling point of the stock would be adjustable length of pull.

You should watch the video on the Magpul page, they are taking the piss.
    Tommy likes this.

At the end of the day if its well made, reliable, accurate, fits me and I can shoot well with it then I might consider it... Not so much into firearm aesthetics.

Who really cares?? Stop moaning people.
    res and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    But you did anyway...so you put someone down, say it aint your thing, then say but who am I to say........
    Fair call.

There are many things I like and dont like. Perhaps I should not have questioned the OPs smoking preferences or suggested they affected their judgement.

The Ruger 10/22 is a relatively good design. The design has stood the test of time having been around for more than 30 years. Its a pity they had the manufacturing issues they did, but even with these, with the number of them around it is to be expected that there will be a lot of options for changes (I dont use upgrade as in a lot of cases its more like a down grade.)

I definitely dont like the chunky stock pictured. That much was clear. That still stands. I do have a soft spot for the full wood look.

Personally I think the paua shell cheek piece looks better than that stock, and I like the paua about as much as everyone else on the forum. (IE really think its horrid)