Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tahr

Thread: Old school scope.

Old school scope.

Does anyone know anything about these scopes?

Nickel Scope | Trade Me

There used to be a few around in the 60's. I think I recall that they might have a steel tube. Good 'scopes and a nice bit of history.
    stretch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Does anyone know anything about these scopes?

Nickel Scope | Trade Me
    Yep, still got (and in use) a 45 year old example, a 4x81 (=4x36) Nickel Marburg Supra. Optics in it are still as clear as a bell and despite not having all the latest light transmission coatings would still be better than a lot of scopes out there at present. Fast focus eyepiece - Loopy now just moving that way. Has a horizontal crosshair and fat tapered post - very Germanic. I also had a Pecar 4x81 of the same vintage. They were the 2 popular scopes of that era. The Supra was alloy tubed the Pecar steel. The downside of the Pecar was the reticle didn't stay in the centre (reticle moving) if needing lots of windage or elevation to zero your shots in. Windage adjustable mounts were essential. The Supra though stayed central (image moving). Earlier models though may have been the same as the Pecar. I think Nickel is still made maybe under Hertel and Reuss (mmm spelling?) Saw one in a gunshop in Oz maybe 20 years ago. Was very expensive. The TardMe example looks older again than mine.
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.

The photo of the reticle may be misleading due to the angle but the scope looks to be reticle moving. A curio only methinks

I've got one as well - an alloy Nickel Supra 2.5X, single post with a crosshair, 26mm tube, reticule moving, fast focus eyepiece. Top scope in their day and still performing well. Had it on my PH 303 until last year when I sold the 303 and kept the scope. For sale if anyone wants it.