Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Opinions on the Thomson/centre TCR22

Opinions on the Thomson/centre TCR22

Thinking about getting one as an alternative to a 10/22, anyone had any hands on experience with one?

I'm interested too. They have last round bolt hold open which I'm going to miss on my Kriss.

All the online reviews reckon they're pretty good, was just hoping someone in NZ has had some hand on experience

For the money they come with alot of features that are often upgraded on a regular Ruger 10/22. Bergara are bringing out an affordable 'kitted' out clone to throw in the mix as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    For the money they come with alot of features that are often upgraded on a regular Ruger 10/22. Bergara are bringing out an affordable 'kitted' out clone to throw in the mix as well...
    Do you know if any of then are going to be in 22mag, 17hmr or 17wsm?

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Savage a/ series in all of those.

As to the TC, like above, they come factory how a ruger should. For the price, I'd deffo give one a hoon. I don't much carr for rugers anyway.,
    How come? I have a 50th Anniversary 10/22 and it's a nice rifle.

Yeah I may end up going for Savage in 17hmr but I really wanted a bolt hold open last round.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    How come what? Thete's a long list of why rugers are shit. What's your 50y group with it?
    You can mod mags for LSBO.
    Pretty good, it's a great little bunny basher. Do you have a link how to do that mod?

I have one for about 3 days now and have put exactly 20 rounds through it before the weather goes said "no more for you".
    I had a 10/22 back in the day before moving to an 22lr AR for a few years so I'm kinda comparing apples with oranges.
    First impressions are it seems like (as mentioned above) a 10/22 with all the basic things you change right off the bat.
    With next to no time with it, it feels really light, the factory sights are nice and the stock suits them being quite low, the flipside of this is if you scope rings have a bit of height the stock feels too a bit low for a decent cheek weld. The last round bolt hold open works well although I'm not sure how easy it will be to get additional mags to fully utilise this feature. The mag is a little odd to load the first round but despite some reviewers really struggling after about the third practice attempt it was not an issue. It ran the 20rnds of cci subs without issue (hardly a benchmark). Again I haven't spent much time with it and my only comparison was a full size AR so take all of this with that in mind. I'm hoping to squeeze in some more trigger time this weekend but we will see. Basically a slightly upgraded 10/22 that ran like it should out of the box.

Review from Rod and Rifle magazine

https://rodandrifle.co.nz/articles/r...-t-cr22-rifle/

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    Do you know if any of then are going to be in 22mag, 17hmr or 17wsm?
    As far as I know at this stage for both, just .22LR

I'm tempted on the TC or BXR now. Both good little .22s for the money. Also like the HK416 55six is getting in too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I'm tempted on the TC or BXR now. Both good little .22s for the money. Also like the HK416 55six is getting in too...
    Yeah I'm not keen on the HK416 .22 it doesn't function like an AR and has some horrible heavy proprietary trigger.

I'm going to enjoy my Kriss till it's banned (which I have no doubt it will be soon) then I'll be reverting to my 10/22 and looking for a 17hmr.

I do see the attraction of the HK416 .22 looks but the fact it doesn't have a functional bolt catch etc would grind me down. That's what made the Kriss so great.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Iv used my friends a few times and it's fine
    Is it better than a ruger? Dunno, I'm surprised my ruger works so flawlessly
    The magpul stock it came in was far better than a ruger
    Was blued so I lost interest quickly