Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Ordering EGW rails form the USA

I am looking to order a 40 moa rail for my .338 Lapua project. To help with the freight cost I can bring in depending on the unit cost 3-5 others before we hit the threshold for paying gst and duty. If anyone has been thinking of getting one look at their website Scope Mounts & Rings: EGW Gun Parts I can include on a first come basis other rails with my order. If anyone is interested I can make the order and pay for them on the understanding that you guys will hold up your end and pay me back when they land.

Thanks Jeremy

i would if they did a 30 or 40 moa for tikkas. will check the rings out tho. Missed a good shoot on the coast. Wet but good.

No takers for this? Yes wanted to get to the Alpine Long Range but the Coast is just too big a trip from AKL, glad you guys had a good shoot, John and Bob are definitely in the good buggers category.

Call mark at waitaki engineering in Oamaru. He makes suppressors. He milled up a rail for my tikka lsa55. Exactly to my hole spacings. Cost $120. I’m sure he would do one. He stocks the main rem and tikka t3 etc. they are more accurate in hole spacings as there is no slop in the holes. Dpt also mill some as well.

Dpt wouldn't do 30/40 moa when i asked. Wonder if waitaki would remill a base too 30 moa?

Have you put an order through yet? If you haven't I wouldn't mind trying to get in a rail for my CZ 455 with a 20moa cant.
    HD CZ 452, 453, 455, 511, 512 For 11mm Picatinny Rail Mount 20 MOA: EGW Gun Parts
    Every day is leg day.

@Cowboy I have a Waitaki 40moa on my 6.5x47 it is a very tidy unit with super tight tolerances however when I spoke to Mark a while ago to order a 45 moa for the 7mm mag he said it would be 2 months wait as they have no bar made up hence my interest in bringing one in. @little Dave no I haven't placed the order as I want 3-4 to help with the shipping cost will see if there are any takers in the next week

Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    @Cowboy I have a Waitaki 40moa on my 6.5x47 it is a very tidy unit with super tight tolerances however when I spoke to Mark a while ago to order a 45 moa for the 7mm mag he said it would be 2 months wait as they have no bar made up hence my interest in bringing one in. @little Dave no I haven't placed the order as I want 3-4 to help with the shipping cost will see if there are any takers in the next week
    Ok, let me know, definitely keen to try and get an rail for my cz into the country.
    Out of interest I have a rail that I think was originally put on my sako by Gunworks that I sent to Waitaki and got a 20moa cant on it, found them pretty good to deal with. Can't remember what I paid for it, from memory it was possibly only about $60.
    Every day is leg day.

res
    If you havent yet placed the order I would like to to get a couple of rails
    Using Tapatalk

@res let me know by pm what you want and I will get an order organised

Before you order off EGW check the freight, it's gone thru the roof since I last ordered.

Have purchased EGW bases thru The Rifle Scope Store, freight is half of EGW and a few others willing to export to NZ.

Thanks @tetawa they just don't have the rails required I always seem to want the odd ball stuff. I have nailed down the shipping costs from EGW so there will be no surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    Thanks @tetawa they just don't have the rails required I always seem to want the odd ball stuff. I have nailed down the shipping costs from EGW so there will be no surprises.
    Fair enough, have dealt with EGW for years, queried them about the freight cost but received zero reply.