Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By 300winmag
  • 1 Post By Scott
  • 3 Post By Gibo

Thread: Overseas purchase arrived

Overseas purchase arrived

Over a year ago I wanted to purchase a Vortex scope, the model I wanted was the Viper PST 6x24x50 EBR reticle. I was willing to buy it here but there were none in stock so I got on the net and placed an order with Optics Planet.
    A couple of days after I placed my order they sent a return email saying they were out of stock and were expecting the scopes in soon. Well that turned out to be over 12 months but to there credit they regulary sent email updates.

They sent us an email about 3 weeks ago to say they had arrived and were shipping it to us, turned up last week while I was overseas, NZ Post and Customs had sent a letter telling me that I had to pay $180 dollars in tax and other charges, I did that and today my box turned up and the Dumb Fcks just left it sitting on the ground next to my letter box. All toll it cost me $2024.00 NZ.

Name:  20140430_203747.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  265.3 KB

Anyway I bought 2 x scopes
    1 x scope cap
    3 x sets of Vortex rings

Probably saved around $700
    Going to put one of the scopes on one of my 300 win mags, not sure what the 2nd scope will sit on, will wait and see.
    7mmsaum, Baz and Gibo like this.

The other one can go on my 6.5

They are really nice looking scopes, how much for just one scope no extras?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    The other one can go on my 6.5

They are really nice looking scopes, how much for just one scope no extras?
    By memory approx $750 US, I think they are around $1300 here.

Google broncos sports for a gauge of nz prices Toby

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Google broncos sports for a gauge of nz prices Toby
    Just be careful as they advertised the 6 - 24 x 50 as a FFP when they were in fact SFP (on TM). i purchased one from them thinking the price was good and it would save the hassle of getting one from the states. Purchased scope, vortex rings and some bases. Turned up a couple of days later. Mounts fitted rifle, rings didn't fit mounts. wrong scope. Rung up and said it wasn't right - 'oh supplier must have sent wrong ones, have to wait till next shipment arrives in a few weeks time'. 10 weeks later still no scope, whats going on. ring up, 'was just about to call you and say the supplier hasn't sent your scope'. Great. I figure they realised they had stuffed up the prices between the two models and weren't going to admit it. Was going to get a credit and source one from the states like i originally intending but still had the scope sitting on the bench. Got pissed off with all the dicking around and just decided to use it anyway. Missed out on a couple of good long range stags during the roar as i only had my old shitter scope on and didn't want to take the shot. So pretty disappointing really. But at least i didn't have to wait a year like you... im a pretty patient guy but thats just mean.
    Dead is better likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Just be careful as they advertised the 6 - 24 x 50 as a FFP when they were in fact SFP (on TM). i purchased one from them thinking the price was good and it would save the hassle of getting one from the states. Purchased scope, vortex rings and some bases. Turned up a couple of days later. Mounts fitted rifle, rings didn't fit mounts. wrong scope. Rung up and said it wasn't right - 'oh supplier must have sent wrong ones, have to wait till next shipment arrives in a few weeks time'. 10 weeks later still no scope, whats going on. ring up, 'was just about to call you and say the supplier hasn't sent your scope'. Great. I figure they realised they had stuffed up the prices between the two models and weren't going to admit it. Was going to get a credit and source one from the states like i originally intending but still had the scope sitting on the bench. Got pissed off with all the dicking around and just decided to use it anyway. Missed out on a couple of good long range stags during the roar as i only had my old shitter scope on and didn't want to take the shot. So pretty disappointing really. But at least i didn't have to wait a year like you... im a pretty patient guy but thats just mean.
    Yeah had a similar experience - ended up getting from the states. Took 3-4 weeks and that was via Oz to side step duty

M03
    I've had a lot of trouble with couriers to lazy to come the drive to the front door too. Now I always ask for items to be sent signature required, but even that doesn't work sometimes.

Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah had a similar experience - ended up getting from the states. Took 3-4 weeks and that was via Oz to side step duty
    Gibo - Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Gibo - Care to elaborate?
    No not really
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam and Baz like this.

Both of these scope are 2nd focal plane.
    I thought the duty cost at this end would be higher than it was.
    But on playing with them last night, thinking I had 3 complete sets of different height rings it turns out that there is only one ring in each box. So will need to place another order for some other toys and add on the rings.

ebf
    Did they offer you are refund once it was clear they did not have them in stock ?

I would have been SEVERELY pissed off having to wait 12 months.

Maybe try theopticzone.com next time.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Did they offer you are refund once it was clear they did not have them in stock ?

I would have been SEVERELY pissed off having to wait 12 months.

Maybe try theopticzone.com next time.
    No one had them in stock, and I hadn't paid for them until they shipped them. At least I got what I wanted.

+ 1 on optic zone, thats where I went, good quick service