Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

P14/P17 guard screws

Well after finally (over 3 years) I had another attempt to fit the P14 with fat 308 barrel i got off Redrover (rip) to a very chunky sporter type target stock.
    It was previously fitted to a similar rifle but needed quite a.bit removed from in front of the inox for the heavier profile and a bit around the action rails.
    Still needs a bit more for bedding but main issue is the front trigger guard screw is too short to engage the action so maybe 1/4" too short.
    From a bit of googling it looks like it was probably fitted with a longer screw with a sling swivel fitted.
    Many of these about, think they may be the same as the no3? Any around and what do they go for?
    Then tried fitting the action to the horrendous target stock it used to be in.
    Fitted like a glove but now the rear screw is approx 4 threads to long and protrudes up into the bolt race.
    FFS!!
    The stock style hides it so I can make a little space washer for that.
    Wouldnt be so bad but it is a unicorn excrement thread to duplicate 1/4×30 tpi
    Worst case for the front is get another longer rear screw and make a new screw head for it at the right length
    Then for the rear get another rear screw and shorten it
    Thoughts?

Please disregard. Somehow doubled up during an edit and cant seem to delete it