Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Police 'mail order' forms...

Police 'mail order' forms...

What's the deal with filling out a police mail order form.

Can you download the standard form off the internet anywhere , as I only seem to find forms created by stores like Reloaders or Gun City. Or is it just a case of physically heading into the local police station and filling out the form then and there?

What details do you need from the person selling the firearm?

Cheers,
    Pop Shot

Easiest to head to the cop shop as you have to go in anyway for them to sight your licence, you need the sellers name, address and firearm licence number, as well as the details of the firearm, make, model, serial number.

I just use H&F to send firearms around, take to nearest one, send to other one and they will sight licence etc. saves a lot of hassles!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Easiest to head to the cop shop as you have to go in anyway for them to sight your licence, you need the sellers name, address and firearm licence number, as well as the details of the firearm, make, model, serial number.

I just use H&F to send firearms around, take to nearest one, send to other one and they will sight licence etc. saves a lot of hassles!
    Spot on Spud, same for ammo, you have to give cal, and amount, they don't like you sending the firearm and the ammo in/on the same PMO...for obvious reasons, BUT it's NOT illegal to do so....unless I'm wrong to state this? The whole experience is stress free, well it is where I go
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Sup Pop Shot I just did this for the first time the other day for Black Beauty. I went to my local cop shop totally unprepared, they were all good though. I just needed seller's details (name and phone number seemed to be enough, they looked Tui_man2 up in the system for me), details of weapon, details of ammo state (I think the arms guy mentioned something like a max of 150 units?), arms dude will stamp it and sign it, you sign it, post to sender. Doneskis.

I have heard that you can download the form and fill it out yourself but I took it as a good opportunity to talk to my local arms guy while we filled it out together
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Thanks guys - seems pretty straight forward.

Who's the cheapest and or most hassle free courier company to go through - I know gunworks uses fastways?

Most expensive but probably the best is NZ Couriers, I find post haste good and fast way. Be careful if you are transporting between islands that can get expensive
    Toll transport have a very cheap parcel service just not as quick
    If it is valuable check insurances I think max covered automatically is about $1500.00 check!

Re: Police 'mail order' forms...

Cost me 50 bucks to send a rifle Nelson to Wellington on fastways

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Most expensive but probably the best is NZ Couriers, I find post haste good and fast way. Be careful if you are transporting between islands that can get expensive
    Toll transport have a very cheap parcel service just not as quick
    If it is valuable check insurances I think max covered automatically is about $1500.00 check!
    I use Fastways, I believe that NZ Couriers will also carry firearms, not sure how many others will, knowingly.....

Check to make sure that the courier is happy to carry firearms, otherwise there could be serious "issues" if you come to make a claim for damage or they lose it......temporarily...

There have been a more changes at Fastways in the last few months regarding the carrying of firearms, they like to "know" it is a firearm so the couriers etc just don't leave it lying around.

They nearly stopped carrying them all together while ago now, they "lost" a $7500 one.....just as well they found it some time later......

Bloody slow ways...
    Happy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    What's the deal with filling out a police mail order form.

Can you download the standard form off the internet anywhere , as I only seem to find forms created by stores like Reloaders or Gun City. Or is it just a case of physically heading into the local police station and filling out the form then and there?

What details do you need from the person selling the firearm?

Cheers,
    Pop Shot
    Attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Welcome to Sako club.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post

Thats the cops making up their own rules again, they dont need the sellers licence number, nothing in the arms act says so.

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    Thats the cops making up their own rules again, they dont need the sellers licence number, nothing in the arms act says so.
    Its on the form as a required field, may not be law though.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

As Spud says, it on the form, but they have never for those details to be completed when I was getting them to sign it.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    They can get it easy enough

They usually disappear out the back with the form & my FAL to make such everything is in order....if they can be bothered that is

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I use Fastways, I believe that NZ Couriers will also carry firearms, not sure how many others will, knowingly.....

Check to make sure that the courier is happy to carry firearms, otherwise there could be serious "issues" if you come to make a claim for damage or they lose it......temporarily...

There have been a more changes at Fastways in the last few months regarding the carrying of firearms, they like to "know" it is a firearm so the couriers etc just don't leave it lying around.

They nearly stopped carrying them all together while ago now, they "lost" a $7500 one.....just as well they found it some time later......
    You can split and send as two items ie send the bolt separately Mainfreight want two parcel you cannot send complete