Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: In praise of Gun City

  1. #1
    Member Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Te Awamutu, Waikato
    Posts
    183

    In praise of Gun City

    I see Gun City getting a bit of abuse around here from time to time, so I thought I would share today's positive experience.

    I've been ordering a fair few bits of gear online in preparation for when my FAL comes through (and so I have stuff to play with til then). As the packages have been arriving, an alarmingly high rate of incorrect products has been coming out of them. Today I got one from Gun City with exactly this issue. I'd ordered Frog Lube liquid, they sent paste by mistake. I contacted them about it, and within a few minutes have been told to keep the paste, that they're very sorry, but are all out of the liquid, and that they've refunded my money.

    In comparison, 5 days ago I received the wrong scope from another retailer. They first tried to tell me it was basically the same thing, and finally agreed to take it back and refund me. That scope is still sitting by the door waiting for their courier to collect it...
    Philipo, gadgetman, Munsey and 7 others like this.

  2. #2
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    I see Gun City getting a bit of abuse around here from time to time, so I thought I would share today's positive experience.

    I've been ordering a fair few bits of gear online in preparation for when my FAL comes through (and so I have stuff to play with til then). As the packages have been arriving, an alarmingly high rate of incorrect products has been coming out of them. Today I got one from Gun City with exactly this issue. I'd ordered Frog Lube liquid, they sent paste by mistake. I contacted them about it, and within a few minutes have been told to keep the paste, that they're very sorry, but are all out of the liquid, and that they've refunded my money.

    In comparison, 5 days ago I received the wrong scope from another retailer. They first tried to tell me it was basically the same thing, and finally agreed to take it back and refund me. That scope is still sitting by the door waiting for their courier to collect it...
    This sounds like a very rare almost extinct case of customer service and the fact it is coming from gun city has me worried........anyone got a 30t digger for hire? I have a urge to dig a bunker.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  3. #3
    Member Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Te Awamutu, Waikato
    Posts
    183
    I also had a really good experience with the staff when I went into the Hamilton branch. Lots of helpful advice, and I really enjoyed the sales tactic of letting me hold every rifle I expressed a hint of interest in.

  4. #4
    Member Dead is better's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    I also had a really good experience with the staff when I went into the Hamilton branch. Lots of helpful advice, and I really enjoyed the sales tactic of letting me hold every rifle I expressed a hint of interest in.
    A fishing tackle merchant once boasted to me "anything you put in their hands is half sold already".

  5. #5
    The Scope Whore ! Philipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmy Nth
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    I also had a really good experience with the staff when I went into the Hamilton branch. Lots of helpful advice, and I really enjoyed the sales tactic of letting me hold every rifle I expressed a hint of interest in.
    Ben & Stu at the Tron store are top blokes

    That's one thing I love about going to a GC store, at least there's plenty of different rifles & shoties to look & play with not just a wall full of T3's.
    Scouser, ZG47, Roddy and 2 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

  6. #6
    Member andyanimal31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Taihape
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Ben & Stu at the Tron store are top blokes

    That's one thing I love about going to a GC store, at least there's plenty of different rifles & shoties to look & play with not just a wall full of T3's.
    you could do some good by getting some fine t3s in your cuboard instead of all that exotic rubbish!
    and yes phil ben is a top man!

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    BRADS likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

  7. #7
    Member deer243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    I see Gun City getting a bit of abuse around here from time to time, so I thought I would share today's positive experience.

    I've been ordering a fair few bits of gear online in preparation for when my FAL comes through (and so I have stuff to play with til then). As the packages have been arriving, an alarmingly high rate of incorrect products has been coming out of them. Today I got one from Gun City with exactly this issue. I'd ordered Frog Lube liquid, they sent paste by mistake. I contacted them about it, and within a few minutes have been told to keep the paste, that they're very sorry, but are all out of the liquid, and that they've refunded my money.

    In comparison, 5 days ago I received the wrong scope from another retailer. They first tried to tell me it was basically the same thing, and finally agreed to take it back and refund me. That scope is still sitting by the door waiting for their courier to collect it...
    Really..i find it amusing that you singing the praise of Gun City because they stuffed up and sent you the wrong product Wouldnt call that customer service, just another stuff up being sent the wrong product. Ok, maybe they were out of stock, they should of informed you and offered a replacement than just send something which isnt what you ordered.
    More mucking around contacting them and wasting your time getting it sorted. The LEAST they can do is do what they did, so i suppose thats a good fix so good on them but the end of the day you ordered something, they sent the wrong stuff, equals poor service to me, more hassle contacting them etc etc.
    Only good thing is they have tried to fixed it, crawled up your arse to make you happy....suppose thats service
    257weatherby likes this.

  8. #8
    Member Steve123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    What used to be Franklin
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Really..i find it amusing that you singing the praise of Gun City because they stuffed up and sent you the wrong product Wouldnt call that customer service, just another stuff up being sent the wrong product. Ok, maybe they were out of stock, they should of informed you and offered a replacement than just send something which isnt what you ordered.
    More mucking around contacting them and wasting your time getting it sorted. The LEAST they can do is do what they did, so i suppose thats a good fix so good on them but the end of the day you ordered something, they sent the wrong stuff, equals poor service to me, more hassle contacting them etc etc.
    Only good thing is they have tried to fixed it, crawled up your arse to make you happy....suppose thats service
    Why is our country full of human fuck ups right now? Every time you order some thing, get it couriered, get some one in to do something you can pretty much guarantee a humongus fuck up.
    Feral, hamsav and chchben like this.

  9. #9
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,023
    Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Really..i find it amusing that you singing the praise of Gun City because they stuffed up and sent you the wrong product Wouldnt call that customer service, just another stuff up being sent the wrong product. Ok, maybe they were out of stock, they should of informed you and offered a replacement than just send something which isnt what you ordered.
    More mucking around contacting them and wasting your time getting it sorted. The LEAST they can do is do what they did, so i suppose thats a good fix so good on them but the end of the day you ordered something, they sent the wrong stuff, equals poor service to me, more hassle contacting them etc etc.
    Only good thing is they have tried to fixed it, crawled up your arse to make you happy....suppose thats service
    Read it again Deer243 he said another retailer sent him the wrong thing.

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Papakura
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Why is our country full of human fuck ups right now? Every time you order some thing, get it couriered, get some one in to do something you can pretty much guarantee a humongus fuck up.
    Because there are no consequences for poor performance.

    There's a generation out there that have been brought up to think " it's OK, at least you tried, it's all about participating "....... hold me up while I spew please.

    I honestly look back with fond memories at being the hangar scrote, being called a "fuck pig young cnut ", being told to sweep the bay again, being told to clean and test another 4 sets of Fletcher plugs (16 plugs to a set ).
    Because by Christ, when the work was done we had some fun. Work BBQ's , floors awash with booze, a bit of a touch with the office lady on a warm bonnet at the back of the carpark.

    I look back back with fond memories lifting hay with our crew from school and a few Kling-ons that didn't last. We used to leave Tokoroa at 10.00, drive halfway to Taupo up to the Lands and Survey blocks. 40-60 acre paddocks of lucerne. "Yeah mate, around 1500 I think" , they'd tell us. The counter on the baler was alway fucked. I saw guys cry when we'd done 3000, and still be only half done....and get home at 0800 the next day.

    It's weird lifting hay in sleet dressed in a swandri and wooden hat.....

    Mum would ring the GF to say that she didn't think I'd make the movies that night.

    It taught us work ethic, stickability, and comradeship, and how to cope.

    Dad would make me drink a glass of water with salt in it, then a cuppa, and put a rug over me when I slept on sheepskins on my bedroom floor to straighten my back out.

    Then we'd go and do it again, and again.... mates, comradeship, blisters, cuts, and a feed from the Managers missus if we were lucky.

    "Mate, did you see her tits " .? ......... " yeah, ffffffaaaaarrrrrk".

    I had another job during the May and August holidays in the sixth form, I learnt the basics of fencing. Dad dropped me off two miles south of Kinleith, I gave a mate and his dad a hand to tidy up their new farm fences and make and swing new gates, build new yards.
    I worked all day, then ran home each night in my boots to town on SH 1, just in time for dinner. No cellphones to get mum to pick me up cause I didn't like it. She would've told me to just get on with it anyway.....but by Christ I was fit for footy....and a few years later an engagement ring, same GF.

    It was fkn hard going for a townie kid, but I reckon I did ok, unfortunately it probably turned me into the thankless grumpy prick I am.

    Now I get told by the hairys " you can't talk to me like that "........I just grin and shake my head, some of them wouldn't last 5 minutes along side my mother.

    I'm more than happy to offer a "hand up", and really encourage the lads with the ethics and the smarts, but I loathe the ones that want it all on a plate.

    Rant over, time to get on the crutches and shuffle down for a coffee......

    B

    ps, .....just realised this has got fuck all to do with GC, but it made me feel better....
    Last edited by shift14; 15-12-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: grumpy this morning

  11. #11
    Member northdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    north auckland area
    Posts
    6,036
    I've never had a problem with them some of the sales staff aren't that good but you get that at other shops as well

  12. #12
    Member oneipete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waikato NZ
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Why is our country full of human fuck ups right now? Every time you order some thing, get it couriered, get some one in to do something you can pretty much guarantee a humongus fuck up.
    You want to know about human fuckups ? Nothing to do with guns,hunting etc but... Try dealing with the nz medical system,let alone the inept, incompetent, retarded, soulless , vastly overpaid idiots that run the waikato hospital.
    I near broke my back a while back after losing a game of Bull rush,( with an actual Bull),after a while i get a letter in the mail for a hospital appointment.
    I turn up,hand in the mailed,auto filled out form for the appointment,it had my name address,dob, and everything else about me on it.

    Wait for 3 hours,painful to sit or stand.Then i get told the doctor will see me.Wait in some room for another 45 mins.
    Finally some guy bustles into the room,doesnt even glance at me,hands me a form to fill out then disappears.I fill out the form,my name,address,dob,blah blah, then wait another 30 mins for someone to take it.Guy shows up,looks at the form,types it into a computer and the printer spits out a sticker will all this info (name,dob etc) and he then sticks it onto the form and says "all done,we will send out a letter for an appointment for you to be assessed."
    Something in my face must have alarmed him as he backed out of the room when i made the mild comment of 'i can see why there is so much security around''.
    ZG47 and Steve123 like this.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

  13. #13
    Member oneipete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waikato NZ
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Read it again Deer243 he said another retailer sent him the wrong thing.

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Today I got one from Gun City with exactly this issue. I'd ordered Frog Lube liquid, they sent paste by mistake."
    deer243 likes this.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Land of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    1,001
    Froglube is simply very overpriced coconut oil with a fragrance added.

    And Gun City is usually the most expensive place to buy anything.
    Daggers_187 likes this.

  15. #15
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    I got an email from them the other day on ammo prices.

    I have never ever looked at anything guncity and was miffed how they got my email address.

    I now know how and it pisses me off a bit.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Gun City do it again!
    By 257weatherby in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 10:31 PM
  2. city
    By mrs dundee in forum Off topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 09:23 AM
  3. Gun City - Wellington
    By initiaz in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM
  4. Gun city
    By Munsey in forum Off topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 09:48 PM
  5. Breaking in the city gal
    By Pointer in forum Hunting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!