Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Premier light tactical or nightforce nxs

Need a scope for a new rifle abe is building me looking at either the premier light tac 3-15x50 mil reticle non illuminated or a nxs 5.5-22 it's for a light weight long range rig which is why I'm finding it hard to put the extra weight of the nxs on it but am keen on the extra mag over the premier and illuminated reticle and awesome reputation of the nightforce would like to hear from people that have or have had the premier or both as I haven't had the chance to look through the prem before I buy but have had the nxs before in 3.5-15

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Premier glass definitely a lot nicer than the 3 nxs that I have owned. I prefer the 3-15 range for a all round/LR rifle, but with the Premier I would go with an illuminated reticle, particularly if you get a gen 2 XR. They are very fine at 3 power.

NXS turrets are more positive than the LT ones, but the low profile of the LT turrets is nice.

I have sold all 3 of my NXS & have 2 Premier's now and a new March coming for a lighter LR rifle...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Cheers mate I have a 2.5-25x42 march on my saum at the moment but don't want to wait until April for the new march to come out I'm not that patient the only prem lt I can get at the moment is this one
    Premier Reticles Light Tactical Scope 3-15x50 Gen 2 Reticle SALE - EuroOptic.com

I have seen them on sale. Is the reticle in moa? Pity they aren't that price for the Mil/mil versions otherwise I would have a couple of them coming...

I can wait, got a vx6 in the meantime... But know what you are saying, been almost a year since I ordered my geovids...

Can't read it on my phone but here's the link for the reticle
    Heritage

I've got both and as Sam says the glass in the Prem is far superior. The NXS on top of a lightweight rifle is going to be horribly unbalanced!! Been there, done that. Yuck!!!

In saying that, the Prem isint exactly a small scope either. Quite a bit lighter though.

What about the Mark 6 Leupold?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Never owned a NXS but my premier LT is really nice. I never liked the Nightforce due to the poor review on glass quality and that they're fucking big and heavy.
    Forever searching for the ultimate low weight anything I think can be a bit of a wankfest. Im always trying to shoot meat by the kilo, loosing a gram of scope meh, but as Proudkiwi said big scopes on light rifles make for ugly handling.
    Premier has the best customer service I have found from the US, and I seldom find US service is poor. My Premier is in a Varmint configuration with capped W and dial E. It was a hunter capped/capped. I like the GenII mil dot I have as it is usable across the zoom range (illuminated too). I have not tried the XR

Hadn't thought of the mark 6 and the weight of the nxs does put me off with the premier lt being 700 grams vs the nxs at 900 the rifle will be a more dedicated lr rig but still don't want to make it super heavy or unbalanced and want a larger objective than my march on it

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Never owned a NXS but my premier LT is really nice. I never liked the Nightforce due to the poor review on glass quality and that they're fucking big and heavy.
    Forever searching for the ultimate low weight anything I think can be a bit of a wankfest. Im always trying to shoot meat by the kilo, loosing a gram of scope meh, but as Proudkiwi said big scopes on light rifles make for ugly handling.
    Premier has the best customer service I have found from the US, and I seldom find US service is poor. My Premier is in a Varmint configuration with capped W and dial E. It was a hunter capped/capped. I like the GenII mil dot I have as it is usable across the zoom range (illuminated too). I have not tried the XR
    Yeah that was my thinking about the scopes not super concerned with the weight as I want something reliable and consistent that's why I was thinking nxs I'm keen on the lt the gen2 mildot but the only one I can get at this stage is non illuminated and I'm just concerned about the reticle thickness on low power as it's FFP ?

Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    Yeah that was my thinking about the scopes not super concerned with the weight as I want something reliable and consistent that's why I was thinking nxs I'm keen on the lt the gen2 mildot but the only one I can get at this stage is non illuminated and I'm just concerned about the reticle thickness on low power as it's FFP ?
    That one you linked to has a mil reticle and moa turrets... I.e. a cluster fuck... At least it would be constant with the conversion needed for adjusting for reticle correction in mils and turret adjustment in moa...:what:

I wouldn't buy it though as the beauty of ffp is that your reticle holdover/measurement stays constant and makes for an easy correction with turrets. That goes out the window with different adjustments...

The easy answer is the one you don't want to hear... Wait for the x52 March...

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    The easy answer is the one you don't want to hear... Wait for the x52 March...

Haha that's exactly the answer i don't want cant have the rifle sitting their for four or five months