Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By winaa
  • 1 Post By Bagheera

Thread: Primary Arms 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope

Primary Arms 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope

Anyone tried a Primary Arms 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS HUD DMR ?

Asked Primary Arms direct if the 308 reticle lines up with the 6.5 grendel balistics, and they replied it does with the Grendel 123 gr SMK with a BC of .510 and a muzzle velocity of 2650 right out to 1000 yrds .

Not too worried about this as I plan to use the turrets mostly. Seen lots of great reviews on these scopes. Must admit I prefer SFP, but at this price thought it may be worth buying.

Haven't looked through a 3x18 but I have a 4x14 and really rate it. Much better glass than my old PST Gen1. Biggest problem is no real local importer
    . I brought mine in from Optics trade. Cost me a bomb to get it through customs though.
    dudz likes this.

I've discovered that the grendel is a unique low velocity , medium BC round (very similar to the .303). I'd be surprised if common ballistic reticles are close enough past 300m. Would need a special grendel one.

2650 would be a nuclear load and there's not enough room for that much powder. Or need a 26" barrel. My 16" matches trajectory at 2350 fps in shooter app out to 600m anyway.

Would a mildot or half mil or a custom dial/ tape be quick enough to use ?
    dudz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by winaa View Post
    Haven't looked through a 3x18 but I have a 4x14 and really rate it. Much better glass than my old PST Gen1. Biggest problem is no real local importer
    . I brought mine in from Optics trade. Cost me a bomb to get it through customs though.
    NZAR15.com sell them