Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Props to gunworks

Props to gunworks

I dont really know where to post this so this will do. A couple of weeks ago I sent the 284 down to gunworks as the blueing was looking a bit crap, they suggested if I was inclined I flute the barrel at the same time.. bugger it why not. Just wanted to say their customer service was some of the best I've had, they have some arrangement with fastways so shipping prices were excellent at $10 each way and communication was clear and positive. The blueing job is really tidy and it was just a pleasant exchange. Name:  20190215_151931.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  4.41 MB

be intersted to know if there were any changess in accuracy, POI or anything noticeable after the fluting.

R.
    xtightg likes this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

In the business world their suggestion of fluting is called "up selling" and they have really done a nice job with your rifle. Good choice.
    systolic, Micky Duck and Cordite like this.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    be intersted to know if there were any changess in accuracy, POI or anything noticeable after the fluting.

R.
    If the weather plays ball tomorrow at the range I'll know!

Fulla
    They are very good.

I have only good things to say about gunworks

I had a sako 75 that would stack bullets in standard form that for some reason went to A4 sized groups after shortening to 18.5 inch barrel
    by all accounts this was my risk by shortening it
    gunworks fitted a new barrel for me for no cost to me

what other gunsmith would do that?

it ment the world to me as at the time I was a student and could no way afford to go down that path

good people and the rest of the work they have done for me is awesome too
    kiwijames, Hen, Bigash and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronjackwhite View Post
    I dont really know where to post this so this will do. A couple of weeks ago I sent the 284 down to gunworks as the blueing was looking a bit crap, they suggested if I was inclined I flute the barrel at the same time.. bugger it why not. Just wanted to say their customer service was some of the best I've had, they have some arrangement with fastways so shipping prices were excellent at $10 each way and communication was clear and positive. The blueing job is really tidy and it was just a pleasant exchange. Attachment 105054
    Cool looks like they even threw in that dented lid for free as well always good to get some good old customer service
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of cost are you looking at for the blueing job? Have an old ruger that could do with a spruce up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty1 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what kind of cost are you looking at for the blueing job? Have an old ruger that could do with a spruce up.
    Funny I was in gunworks today and was told they don't do blueing ? Couldn't even reccomend anyone who does, so I'm guessing the only blueing they do is the Birchwood and casey paste stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty1 View Post
    They didn't give me a just blueing cost as its factored into the fluting. It was 300 to flute, redo the headspace and blue the barrel and action

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Funny I was in gunworks today and was told they don't do blueing ? Couldn't even reccomend anyone who does, so I'm guessing the only blueing they do is the Birchwood and casey paste stuff.
    Nope, they have a machine. There was about a 3 week turn around as apparently it costs them an arm and a leg to run it, so they were waiting on a whole lot of work to come in at once to make it worth while l.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Cool looks like they even threw in that dented lid for free as well always good to get some good old customer service
    That's the mrs candle lid, could be a bit of humor at 400 yards tho
    Sideshow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronjackwhite View Post
    Nope, they have a machine. There was about a 3 week turn around as apparently it costs them an arm and a leg to run it, so they were waiting on a whole lot of work to come in at once to make it worth while l.
    Well I can't understand why they would tell me they don't do it then ? I said it wasn't urgent, have done a reasonable amount of business through them, always paid on time.
    Seems counter productive to turn away work ? It was Amanda I spoke to, would think she would know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    I have only good things to say about gunworks

I had a sako 75 that would stack bullets in standard form that for some reason went to A4 sized groups after shortening to 18.5 inch barrel
    by all accounts this was my risk by shortening it
    gunworks fitted a new barrel for me for no cost to me

what other gunsmith would do that?

it ment the world to me as at the time I was a student and could no way afford to go down that path

good people and the rest of the work they have done for me is awesome too
    Surely a re crown would do the trick rather than a whole new barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Well I can't understand why they would tell me they don't do it then ? I said it wasn't urgent, have done a reasonable amount of business through them, always paid on time.
    Seems counter productive to turn away work ? It was Amanda I spoke to, would think she would know ?
    I dealt with Renelle, it may be a service they only offer when fluting or milling? I was forewarned about the admin and time it may take but didn't worry me as I have another bang stick to carry. I know it's not that common an occurance for them to use the machine.