Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pump Action AR-10 Made in Australia

Pump Action AR-10 Made in Australia

This is the Wedgetail Industries MPR308.
    It is a pump action version AR-10 variant made in Victoria.
    It has a 16" threaded barrel and takes SR25 magazines.

https://wedgetailindustries.com/prod...-action-rifle/
    https://shootersdelight.com.au/produ...-action-rifle/

I think the photos speak for themselves:
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    "An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

Yes please.

Why did they retain the (now useless) buffer spring tube? Prevents the rifle from having a (really useful) folding stock.

Could be improved further by a straight pull ambidextrous cocking handle for when you're prone and can't use the pump action so well.

I know.... (-:

Name:  72110d1437308363-french-car-owners-monthly-tyre-kicking-day-dsc02513.jpg
Views: 2947
Size:  99.9 KB

ebf
    Looking at the components, there is very little commonality between that and a real AR platform...

Barrel looks the same, bolt head looks like AR, but different bolt body. Looks like proprietary upper and lower...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Yes please.
    amen.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Looking at the components, there is very little commonality between that and a real AR platform...

Barrel looks the same, bolt head looks like AR, but different bolt body. Looks like proprietary upper and lower...
    Yep. Apart from the dust cover it is very similar to the Troy PAR .308, the one at the top is a PAR isn't it? . The rail on the bottom pics has no cut outs so it is going to be pretty hefty and it has only a small strip of pic rail on the top.

Banned
    How much?
    How long?

Surely we make a better one?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Why did they retain the (now useless) buffer spring tube? Prevents the rifle from having a (really useful) folding stock.

Could be improved further by a straight pull ambidextrous cocking handle for when you're prone and can't use the pump action so well.

I know.... (-:

Attachment 118788
    My guess would be price point - change as much as is needed so the bureaucrats don't have an excuse to ban it, then use as many off the shelf components as you can get to keep your costs down. That said I agree, a folding stock would be the way to go unless that's a no-no in Aus?

Ultimately where there's a will there's a way. If it comes out cheaper than the PAR there's a market for them here.... or maybe an in-country manufacturer will be able to start up? I'd imagine that there must be a group of knowledgeable and experienced people who have both the legal and financial means to make it happen if the market is there.
    Last edited by canross; 31-08-2019 at 10:35 AM.

I wonder what the weight difference is between the Remington and the AR pump.

The PAR is the same but cheaper. The sad part is now kiwis are regulated at wishing they could own ozzie guns!

Hey, what if we added a tube with a piston in it and bleed off some of the discharge gas and then used that to act as a pump instead of manually operating it. It would be great for pest control and those that are unable to use both arms fully, we could have competitions and and and oh, sorry that ship sailed didnt it.
    Mauser308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    I wonder what the weight difference is between the Remington and the AR pump.
    From everything I've read the PAR is built more sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

I know.... (-:
    I think these PAR type rifles will be easier to shoot prone if there is a small cylinder or even something like part of a Mapgul hand stop kit on the side picatinny portion so you grip and cycle it on the side. The only thing better than that would be a proper side charger linked to a pump action which is what I think you are suggesting. Gun Supplies may come out with something but I just can't see their milspec lowers being allowed to be used.

NZ made Pump but expensive option here
    Or action and receiver only here
    BC doesn't matter, until you need to dial

Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    From everything I've read the PAR is built more sturdy.
    Burley Arms had to have improved slide release buttons made up for the PAR because the factory ones kept breaking.
    Overall I'm not that impressed by that rifle, and Troy Industries has some pretty anti-gun business practices as well.
    I wouldn't buy any of their products for that reason alone.

The Remington 7600 and 7615, on the other hand, are largely based on the Remington 870 and have a long and proven track record.
    They have even seen some law enforcement use, and reports about them are generally very good.
    If I had to choose one to trust my life to(regardless of my opinion of the manufacturers), it would be the Remington every time.
    I have stripped many 870s down completely and have always been impressed by the quality of design, engineering, and materials.
    "An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper