Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rambo-6mmrem

Thread: putting a peice of drinking straw in a charge master to make it messure more accurate

putting a peice of drinking straw in a charge master to make it messure more accurate

herd doing this works well but what type of straw ie mac donalds wendys etc? how long a piece do I put in and how do I secure it?

I do this, works great as it allows it to meter out the powder more evenly, without a large clump falling out and putting you over your intended weight.

I use a McDonalds straw. It's a very lose fit, so what I do is dribble some powder through it first (without the staw in), then shove the straw in so some of the powder ends up forced between the outside straw and the inside of the machines original powder tube. This is enough to hold it in place. Hard to explain, but basically the power will hold the straw in place.

Kj
    Last edited by kimjon; 13-06-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

putting a peice of drinking straw in a charge master to make it messure more ...

Th McD desserts have bigger straws in some types. I just asked the person at the counter if I could have a few. I think it had a spooned end and it fit well in mine.
    There is also instructions (@Spanners ?) how to modify the settings for dispenser speeds etc. Made for a good improvement with mine.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post

Th McD desserts have bigger straws in some types. I just asked the person at the counter if I could have a few. I think it had a spooned end and it fit well in mine.
    There is also instructions (@Spanners ?) how to modify the settings for dispenser speeds etc. Made for a good improvement with mine.
    Cool, that's a good tip. Guess what's for dinner tonight then

Speed Up Your RCBS ChargeMaster within AccurateShooter.com
    Also saw on Ebay a guy selling a wee restricter that goes in the end of the tube similar I thinks to the latest Lyman. Apparently our McDonalds straws are not quite the same as the USA ones in thickness.

Seen someone use a cut down casing over the end to reduce the nozzle size

cool guys went to mac donalds and got one of there bigger straws they use for frozen coke etc as @kiwijames suggested they are the perfict size to fit in the nossle like couldn't ask for something a better fit fit nice and tight bot not tight enough to deform the straw
    now i was loading with 2208 my charge master would through at least 1 in every 3 worng sometimes upto a hole grain i just loaded 20 rounds with a short lenth of straw in the end and all but one was perfict and the one it over charged was only 0.1gn over so i just use any thing that close anyway so the straw trick works a treat
    kiwijames likes this.

I have done all of then including a engineered ali attachment from the states. One day sat down and measured loads from it without mod. Well it was a kernel accurate over 25 loads.That is under a fluoro lite as well. Lotsa people gripe about how slow it is but I look at each case to check the powder is nicely settled before seating. No drama and all the deer seem to die.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post

+1 for both of those, straw and instructions very good
    Muzzleloaders have big balls