Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Ftx325
  • 1 Post By trapperjohn
  • 1 Post By Friwi
  • 4 Post By Nick-D
  • 1 Post By MarlboroughMike
  • 1 Post By MarlboroughMike

Thread: QD mount options for a Bergara BA13 with picatinny rail

QD mount options for a Bergara BA13 with picatinny rail

Have just purchased a lovely Zeiss scope off this forum, and now need a little assistance mounting it on my wee takedown rifle.

What options are out there, and whats best? One piece or two piece?? Scope is inch tube. TIA

If you are looking to be taking it on and off which I assume is why you are looking at quick detach I would go single piece mount personally.
    trapperjohn and XR500 like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

I settled on a one piece cantilever rings, can bring rifle to shoulder and have perfect eye relieif instantly for quick shots. easy to remove. could also fit lazer sight, probaly wont though.
    Has removable insert for different scope tube sizes.
    XR500 likes this.

Leupold qrw.
    XR500 likes this.

Make sure you bed that rail down. I had to epoxy mine on, base screws would work lose even with loktite
    Stocky, dannyb, Pommy and 1 others like this.

I’ve just bought a ba13 in .308 with a Burris full field 2-7x35 scope and have some experience with QD mounts. I have both the one and two piece mounts. The one piece contessa QD mount has just destroyed the (admittedly) cheap rail on my creedmoor 6.5. The leupold 2 piece rings QRW2 I’m currently using on the ba13 are working fine despite the much harsher .308 recoil. Unlike the single piece mount, the leupolds have two recoil lugs which spread the load over the rail. Much cheaper than the contessa mount and they keep their zero well. At least they did until the ba13 rail worked loose!
    rupert likes this.

In what way did the single mount destroy your rail ?
    born to hunt - forced to work

Hi. The contessa recoil lug is quite narrow (unlike the QRW2) and only connected with the weaver rail lugs with a little over 1mm overlap each side. It started to shear its way through these :-(, which surprised me because the creedmoor doesnt have a huge recoil. So I replaced the rail with an EGW HD picitinny (sp?) rail which is a better grade of alloy, and most importantly is the sort which has solid bars to retain the recoil lug on the scope rings if that makes sense. After 20 or 30 rounds at the range, the new rail seems to be no worse for wear.
    Ftx325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Make sure you bed that rail down. I had to epoxy mine on, base screws would work lose even with loktite
    Great rifles this is true though.

I use leupold qrw rings on 3 rifles ,from .22 up to .308,all return to zero well.heavy compared to some but solid setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Yeah, mine worked loose after the third shot!!! Must be using some of Cindy's pixies with screwdrivers to screw them on. Will be epoxying it back on for sure. Have been looking at the Leupold single piece mount. Should be able to give them the once over by weeks end.