Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Quick release suppressor.

Quick release suppressor.

Im a bolt gun no suppressor guy slowly catching up so forgive me if this is common knowledge.
    In the vid he has what appears to be a quick release suppressor on a lever gun..... that seems a good solution to a couple of the many problems we have been posed in recent times.
    https://fb.watch/77rbr7nyp9/

I have never seen anything like this in NZ ( but then I am not really a suppressor guy tho I have a few)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

The optima suppressor has a a half or three quarter turn to pop on and off really quick.
    It requires a specific locking nut on the barrel. I think its great, but each to their own.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

Stager sport sell an ultra pricey light weight suppressor that comes with a threaded adapter that screws onto you muzzle thread.
    That adapter locks the suppressor on in a 1/4 turn.
    Pretty slick bit of kit but outta my budget when a dpt is just soo good
    Bill999 and mikee like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    The optima suppressor has a a half or three quarter turn to pop on and off really quick.
    It requires a specific locking nut on the barrel. I think its great, but each to their own.

Yup that's the one I was talking about
    #DANNYCENT

No FB so can't watch the link.

Just get it threaded for suppressor and if you want to use over barrel (space allowing) or muzzle forwards you can.

I figure if you are putting a QD on it's already going to muzzle forwards. But I am likely wrong.
    viper likes this.

MB
    Why? Not being a dick, just curious.
    viper likes this.

I understand the concept of a quick release over a muzzle brake ( Oceania defence, ASE ultra...etc)
    But over a standard thread not so much, unless you were sharing one suppressor over different rifles of different threads ( 1/2-28, 14x1 and 5/8-24) and you had one adaptor per rifle that would fit in the same suppressor.

I am like @MB , without wanting to sound like shit stirrer...........Why ?
    It takes mere seconds to screw a suppressor on or off.

Just qucker and easyer to get at the mag tube I guess and just because why not.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I've got an A-tec and a Hardy supressor. I chose the A-Tec after doing my research and getting frustrated with hearsay, old data, etc. I also wanted something a bit different and could use it on another rifle in the future.

I bought my second rifle with the hardy supressor already on it. I like both, but the A-Tec has the ability to be shortened or I can get a A-Tec mini muzzle break if I so choose.

Both barrels are 20 inches, so my A-Tec is more muzzle forward than the Hardy.
    Name:  thumbnail (12).jpg
Views: 413
Size:  79.3 KB
    Bill999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber 7mm-08 View Post
    I've got an A-tec and a Hardy supressor. I chose the A-Tec after doing my research and getting frustrated with hearsay, old data, etc. I also wanted something a bit different and could use it on another rifle in the future.

I bought my second rifle with the hardy supressor already on it. I like both, but the A-Tec has the ability to be shortened or I can get a A-Tec mini muzzle break if I so choose.

Both barrels are 20 inches, so my A-Tec is more muzzle forward than the Hardy.
    Attachment 174115
    I believe there is now suppressor/muzzle break option you can use on the end cap/baffle which is interesting. (Atec range).
    I use the optima across 3 different rifles. So it works out very cost effective, and they perform.

mikee likes this.
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

for the added weight/cost and no added suppression not to mention it probably makes the suppressor longer

I think of it like those removable racecar steeringwheels that have a really satisfying ding when you put them back in

the only advantage I can see is they will not start to come loose over a hard day of use like a screw on one does, which is probably important on something like a machine gun

MB
    I guess life is too short to waste time screwing suppressors on and off

Firstly is a well designed suppressor so no penalty there.

Quick on and off yep... the advantage is with long barrel firearms which may be unbalanced with it consistently attached... detach for climbing and travelling attach when ready to shoot so the quick on and off is better for that...

Multiple firearm use across differing threads with the adapter for each... same suppressor..

In fact I have one that I would consider selling in 6.5 with 2 adapters M14 & M15 in anyone was interested

I use my oceania defense 7.62 QD suppressor on multiple firearms. I can see one of the plus side is when the suppressor removed there is something on the muzzle, which help to protect the thread and they are looking better than the bare muzzle.
    biggles301 and 308mate like this.