Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By gimp

Thread: red jacket firearms ZK-22 bullpup 10/22 stock?

red jacket firearms ZK-22 bullpup 10/22 stock?

hi all,

this is my first post, i am an avid hunter and outdoors person, i also make knives (as a hobby for now lol)
    i am a fan of the show sons of guns and i saw this stock: Red Jacket Firearms - Sons of Guns - Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock
    i'm not even sure if it's legal in new zealand but if it is i sure would love to get one for my 10/22 along with a nice subsilent suppressor from ...(his name escapes me)... for stalking rabbits around the hills

i'm just curious if anybody knows if they are legal or not and some thought on the setup i should put together if they are?

the price is $299 US but man do they look sweet

thanks in advance.

That would be legal as long as your OAL was over 762mm (Might not be depending on your barrel length), appears impossible to use with 10rd mags, red jacket are hilariously overpriced 'cos of their dumb tv show, dunno if you'd ever get one out of the US, and please don't encourage the subsilent guy to keep making those godawful things he makes. I think that covers everything.

Welcome to the forum
    VIVA LA HOWA

so the subsilent supressors aren't that good? i was under the impression that if you could look beyond the ridiculous size they were pretty quiet... and thanks for the info, i know its over priced and it is much more aesthetic than practical... i understand about the mags and i was thinking of using those ugly 15rnd's guncity has... the next issue would be reliability... i know the ruger mags are great but im unsure of those pricey halfway mags that are just single stack with the shape of the box mag... anyway... maybe i'll go with accuracy and buy a marlin XT. what suppressor do you recommend in that case?

thanks

ebf
    greetings, welcome to the forum.

can't figure out if you have a 10/22 already, or if you are trying to decide.

there was a thread a while ago about 22 semis, the general consensus at that stage seemed to be marlin 795 for accuracy and value for money. serious shooters in Auckland often have good discounts on them, looks like they are $ 350 atm

suppressor wise, you'd have to go a long way to beat the modular can from dpt, ridiculously light, and works well.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

The sub silent cans are an abortion. My buddy got one that looked like an over barrel .223 can. Suppression is no better than my little SAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    The sub silent cans are an abortion. My buddy got one that looked like an over barrel .223 can. Suppression is no better than my little SAK.
    +1

All show and no go!

I like practical add ons only, if it doesn't add function to a rifle then it has no value to me.

kj

Hi all,
    I'm new here too, if anyone gets a line on how to purchase a bullpup kit for a 10/22 (red jacket or otherwise) in nz i would love to know about it!