Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jaco Goosen
  • 1 Post By Orchunter
  • 1 Post By janleroux

Thread: Regulation to bring firearm/optics accessories or parts into the country

Regulation to bring firearm/optics accessories or parts into the country

Just as gift, not going to involve anything prohibited. Will declare, do I need to get permit? Or it's case by case depends on what it is?

Will come in from North America.

Rather just get the import permit. Make life easier for yourself. 15 minutes spent getting the permit might prevent many hours spend afterwards struggling to get a permit and have your presents released.
    GWH and xtightg like this.

I've spent a month and a half getting a tool out that was stopped. Just get a permit or apply for one and get the refusal cause you don't need a permit letter. Everything from Brownells is getting looked at I believe now.
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Goosen View Post
    Rather just get the import permit. Make life easier for yourself.
    I agree with Jaco - just get the permit. Simple to complete, and it saves a lot pain down the line.

There was a detailed discussion a while ago - what Police says, what Customs says and what the law states. Here is a link to the previous discussion. Links to download necessary form in the threads : https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jaco Goosen likes this.
    What you see, is what you get!

Thanks a lot guys, that just sounds even worse than ITAR in the States. NZ Police wants to know everything coming into the country if it can be put on any firearm.