Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sakokid
  • 4 Post By mikee
  • 2 Post By scottrods

Thread: Remington Trigger Recall

Remington Trigger Recall

I have a rifle that was affected by the recent Remington trigger recall.
    I had to get the trigger swapped out on my Remington 700 SPS in .308.
    Despite Remingtons public statement that they would cover all costs regarding this I still had to pay to courier the rifle to the gunsmith they had doing the work for them.
    Just wondering how many others were affected by this recall.
    On a positive note Canterbury Gunworks who carried out the work were on the ball and very good to deal with, the new trigger is very light compared with the old one, I personally find it much better to shoot with, so every cloud, silver linings and all that

Nah sent mine through local H and F not a penny. Trigger replaced in 36 hours, dropped it in 10.30 monday, back by 3pm wednesday. Even i was stunned at the speedy and cost free turn around.
    No recall should cost you anything, get in touch with them i.e. call them and get the money back. It is a legal issue not something that you want to do.
    Good luck.

About the trigger being lighter, same as mine and they gave it a wee clean as well. Overall very happy with the service.
    I should also mention i got them to check a couple of other things and all is A okay. Just need to get it sighted in again and thinking this weekend would be good.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Who do you contact, i have a 700 in .308 that is affected, and took it back to where i purchased it and they said i need to get hold of the distributor.
    The anoying thing is i bought it after the recall, so was sold a 'recalled' rifle... hence still using it as it came...

I would never own a Remington rifle.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    Who do you contact, i have a 700 in .308 that is affected, and took it back to where i purchased it and they said i need to get hold of the distributor.
    The anoying thing is i bought it after the recall, so was sold a 'recalled' rifle... hence still using it as it came...
    I would be seriously fucking annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    I don't mind my remington in no way am I a remington fanboy I just ended up with it because forlongs did not have a ruger m77, howa or marlin in stock I only had a choice of tikka, cz or remington and the remington had fit the budget for rifle rings and scope and hey I got a gps as part of the package deal
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    I would, better than lugging those nasty heavy Sako's around
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Have a read of this thread. The NZ distributors number is there to call to see if they will do anything for you.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...-recall-13424/

Most people are simply buying Timney triggers to fix the problem.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Have a read of this thread. The NZ distributors number is there to call to see if they will do anything for you.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...-recall-13424/

Most people are simply buying Timney triggers to fix the problem.
    And a much better fix with a better quality trigger my remington is on the recall list but I am going to eventually jump on the timney or jewel trigger bandwagon which will probably be the only upgrade it will see.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    I saw a link in the news section on the Taieri Arms website 3gun.co.nz
    There is a serial number check to make sure your rifle is affected. E mail remington@outdoorbrands.co.nz I had to deal with them here on the South Island, not sure if they cover up North too. Gunworks in Christchurch did the work for this area.
    Remington agreed to pay for all shipping costs etc when I sent them a couple of e mails but to be honest they had pissed me off by then, I have just sworn never to buy Remington again.
    Hope you get it sorted.
    If the enemy is in range, so are you!

Thanks guys, will get hold of them.
    I dont use my 700 that often as yet, so just happy they way it is, but would like to know the trigger is safe...
    AR's are more fun!

Got a reply, and have to send the rifle to Carterton from Auckland, I assume at my cost...
    I also have to remove all acessories like scope etc, which is a pain as it is nicely zeroed.
    Any feedback from others if its worth doing?
    I may take it back to Reloaders, and ask them to send it down, since i bought it from them during the recall period.

I just got mine adjusted by the gunsmith when the rifle was there for other reasons. Can't see why you would replace a perfectly good trigger for a silly lump of loctite.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

...i think i will go down that path, who says the new trigger is any better?
    thanks

Mine is affected by the recall. Did the registration thing. Heard nothing.
    I bought it new and Gunworks did a trigger job for me when I got it chopped and threaded. Shot about 200rds through it and no issues.
    So I'm not bothered.
    mikee and grunzter like this.