Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Removing a stock and putting it back on

Removing a stock and putting it back on

Is the only thing I need to worry about is the torque on the screws to make sure my accuracy is still sweet? Even if done right, will it shift my POI so I need to re-sight it in?

Cheers
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Always best to check afterwards. I have a torque screwdriver if you need one.

Fulla
    and be aware a lot of torque setting are for lubricated bolts not dry. a little bit of blue non-permanent lock tight wouldn't hurt. I usually coat the bottom of the action and barrel with a little grease, to repel water and keep corrosion at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    and be aware a lot of torque setting are for lubricated bolts not dry. a little bit of blue non-permanent lock tight wouldn't hurt. I usually coat the bottom of the action and barrel with a little grease, to repel water and keep corrosion at bay.
    Water, oil, CRC, etc between the action & the bedding can cause all sorts of grief....with group sizes & consistency
    Last edited by Kiwi Greg; 26-01-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Added info to clarify post

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Water, oil, CRC, etc between the action & the bedding can cause all sorts of grief...
    ok, like what? (im not starting an argument just wondering your school of thought)

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    ok, like what? (im not starting an argument just wondering your school of thought)
    Sorry fixed the post.

Water, oil, CRC, etc between the action & the bedding can cause all sorts of grief....with group sizes & consistency

Ejected
    Sorry fixed the post.

Just ask @Savage1
    Mint tack driving rifle to buck shot groups

Fulla
    Sorry fixed the post.

interesting, I am having a few problems. but in saying that. one rifle shoots well from clean and at 100, but not so at distance in the field but the same load use to. (could be me, out of practice) I was about to go through a few things.
    the other has a load/round that's not as good as it was, yet a new load it fine.

any thoughts on why a bore copper fouls quicker than it used to after polishing the throat and a little in the bore? I wouldn't say its tight as it never used to copper foul as quick, but accuracy is good. (the same rifle as above that shoots well from clean)

I dunno...

Might leave it to the experts. I posted up because a fella who comes into my work a bit offered to help me strip my gun down and examine the trigger because the accu-trigger is catching, it no longer runs smooth. He's a top bloke but I don't know if he actually knows his shit or not. Would hate to bugger my rifle up before going on my south island trip.
    Yeah nah bro

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Might leave it to the experts. I posted up because a fella who comes into my work a bit offered to help me strip my gun down and examine the trigger because the accu-trigger is catching, it no longer runs smooth. He's a top bloke but I don't know if he actually knows his shit or not. Would hate to bugger my rifle up before going on my south island trip.
    Phillip you do need to fix that trigger because it was a prick to use on Friday. Take it in to a shop as it could be a very quick fix.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

You don't need to be an expert to take the stock of and on

Just take it off, clean any crap out, air gun or something in the trigger. Put it back on hold barrel to the rear and snug up the screws.

Check zero. It shouldn't move much if at all.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    You don't need to be an expert to take the stock of and on

Just take it off, clean any crap out, air gun or something in the trigger. Put it back on hold barrel to the rear and snug up the screws.

Check zero. It shouldn't move much if at all.
    +1, what he said.

& if have a T3 Tikka, make sure the recoil lug goes back into the action properly...sometimes they came be a right PIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Phillip you do need to fix that trigger because it was a prick to use on Friday. Take it in to a shop as it could be a very quick fix.
    I took it into h and f on the way back from yours but it wasnt going to be fixed in time. I can break the stickiness by fixing the accu trigger halfway squeezed temporarily

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    I took it into h and f on the way back from yours but it wasnt going to be fixed in time. I can break the stickiness by fixing the accu trigger halfway squeezed temporarily

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Take care that doesn't compromise the element of additional safety provided by it.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

If its a savage accutrigger and the trigger is getting stiff, then yes it needs a clean and just the smallest drop of lubricate and it should go back to normal. Not hard to do, did mine last year.