Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 6x47

Thread: RF Binos yes or no ?

SGR

RF Binos yes or no ?

Asked about the khales rf binos in another thread, just wanting opinions of wether its worth combining my current set up in to rf binos bearing in mind i cant stretch financially to the high end 4k set ups.

i have a leica 1600 rf now and have been looking at getting the leica trinovid 10x42 or the zeiss conquest 10x 42 to go with it.
    Or am i better of selling the rangefinder and getting something like the khales ,bushnell , vortex rf binos

Will the glass in the non rf binos be better quality ? considering the rf binos are only $4-500 more than non rf
    Is it that much more convenient having it all in one ?

looking forward to some opinions ,cheers

Im not sure what the glass is like on them, but the sig kilo 3000 is a pair id like to look through. I have the zeiss conquest 10x42s you mentioned, theyre great binoculars, awesome imo. But id like to upgrade my rangefider too so im also looking for a pair. Another is the GPO or the leicas. Ive looked through both i just mentioned and during the middle of the day they were both fantastic, fast ranging, great glass, leicas feel a bit heavier/ bulkier but i guess its something that you almost need to have a few lined up to test side by side ?

From some recent reviews I watched, the Delta RF binos are worth a look
    keengunNic likes this.

I hated having two separate bino and rangefinder eg spot a animal in a far away face in a small gap in the bush with the binos then try to relocate the rangefinder some time later causing a missed opportunity. I’m running the Leica Geovid HD-B with the ballistic SD card which speeds things up more for dialing and the glass excellent, can spend hours glassing with no eye fatigue. They are heavy/bulky but in a good bino harness very manageable and quick to use. It really depends on your style of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    From some recent reviews I watched, the Delta RF binos are worth a look
    Check out the Vid clip at bottom of item page

https://www.nzgrhunts.com/optics/p/d...fp-9zlrh-4l6df