Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Which rings to get??

Hi, putting new Burriss fullfield ll 3-9-40 on a new rem 700 in 308,what rings should i get? Was going to put leaupold ones on for around 150. No doubt top rings and no issues from any reviews. Other choice for 70 was new weaver grand slam ones. Half the price, guy in shop said they be fine, so will they do the job fine and are leaupold really with twice the price? Seen reviews on the weavers that arent good for the grand slams. Break when fitting, some dont tighten, people calling them shit. What you recken or other options i can get easy and quick. Only couple of hunting shops in nelson, hnf is one, advice be great

Talleys are a good option got a couple of sets myself. Epoxy them on too
    #BallisticFists

Burris zees are pretty solid, and the will set you back between 60 - 100. Luewies might or might not be good, I haven't used there rings before but you are paying for that name in my opinion. I'd give Richard Wilhelm a call he's has some zees for 60ish if I remember correctly.

Luepold rings are heavy if that is a concern but rock solid!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Hi, putting new Burriss fullfield ll 3-9-40 on a new rem 700 in 308,what rings should i get? Was going to put leaupold ones on for around 150. No doubt top rings and no issues from any reviews. Other choice for 70 was new weaver grand slam ones. Half the price, guy in shop said they be fine, so will they do the job fine and are leaupold really with twice the price? Seen reviews on the weavers that arent good for the grand slams. Break when fitting, some dont tighten, people calling them shit. What you recken or other options i can get easy and quick. Only couple of hunting shops in nelson, hnf is one, advice be great
    I have Talleys on my M700, Work as advertised. There are more than 2 places to buy from in Nelson...................................
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Talleys
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    What type of rings are you looking at as $150 for 25mm standard leupy rings seems really steep to me.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?