Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Ruger 10/22

Hi guys...I was looking at getting a 10/22 as a fun backpack rifle. I struggle believing that accuracy doesn't suffer every time you take it apart.
    Does anyone have any experience with these and can either confirm or deny whether this is the case.

i assume you are talking about the takedown model?

they seem to hold accuracy with open sights, unsure on optical

got a couple both scoped , what I do is work the bolt 4 times then bang butt on ground twice to simulate shooting and they will both put shots into 1 inch zero at 25m then they settle into their 1/2 inch grouping with cci subs . So go for it a bx trigger helps .

Marlon papoose would be another option

Banned
    I love my 10/22s

Never loved the stainless synthetic I first owned. First rifle I ever bought new. Couldn't fall in love with it and it did not shoot well.

Got a new deluxe and a vintage metal trigger guard version now. Both very accurate wee carbines. They seem to get better with age. The old one I bought is a great wee rifle.

Try the take down and if it doesn't work sell it and chalk it up to experience.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I've got one with a quick release scope mounted to the receiver rail, just slam the bolt forward a few times once it's together and it shoots fine. Got a laser on the forend and the crosshairs of the scope always line up with the little red dot.

I got a takedown in the fancy Magpul stock with a red dot. Accuracy is decent enough, and the portability of it is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Given that, even in stock,No-take-down form, not many people would accuse rugers of having "accuracy"...

Personaly I'd prefer something with the sights attached to the barrel, so they, in theory, dont move against each other.

Ruger's actions, then with that hideous rail on top, then with a bayonet-lock barreled fore-end... I wouldn't look twice at.
    Maybe they work for some. I prefer to have a reasonable idea of where my boolits will go, so if I miss, I know it's my fault.
    An inaccurate gun is an exercise in frustration.
    Don't listen to him @poodle - in fact @mimms2 LOVES the 10/22 and can't get enough of them.