Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By Ftx325
  • 1 Post By 338MAN mk2
  • 1 Post By Bill999

Thread: Ruger 450 Bushmaster ???

Ruger 450 Bushmaster ???

Is anyone using one of these, or just 450 bushmaster in general. Thoughts about this calibre and accuracy at what distance?

I'm considering as a lightweight short bush gun with either open sights or using an aim point. I have a short 303 which does the job, but you know how we hunters love our rifles.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

MB
    I was thinking the same. Had a play with one in a shop. Not a smooth action by any standards. Whole gun felt cheap which it is to be fair. I know a lot of people like them. I decided to go for a good quality single shot over a low end bolt action.

Yeah I see Howa make one, was thinking the caliber would be a decent bush gun.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I have an irrational desire for a Howa Bushmaster too..... Not sure why; but still have the urge.......

if you're going to do something you may as well do it properly ....

45/70
    Bryan, 199p, 40mm and 5 others like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    if you're going to do something you may as well do it properly ....

45/70
    Agree 100%
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

When i found one second hand cheap i decided to take the risk on the budget Ruger and it has become one of my favourite guns.
    The stock is very cheap and flexy, the trigger is very cheap and creepy but oh my gosh does it shoot. half - one MOA !
    I got sick of the trigger and put a Timmney in and would recommend this as a must. The 250gr Hornady FTX is the goto bullet ( not that there is much choice anyway ) I also load the Sierra 240gr HP with Trailboss subsonic for fun.
    I had to put two extra baffles on the DPT to make a sound difference as a lot of bang comes out the hole.
    oneshot likes this.

I had one for a while but found a ruger 77-44 44magnum less than a week after (which is what I was really after but had just bought the 450)

the 77-44 I believe probably wont be as accurate as the new ruger american as I have heard great things from them in allmost all the calibers
    the 77/44 is a much nicer action and can get cheep timney trigger upgrades as they all seem to have the same trigger whether they are 17hmr or 308win
    still no sako but everything about the 77-44 is better Magizine, stock, trigger, action

so I sold my 450 and kept the 44magnum
    oneshot likes this.