Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tikka

Thread: Ruger Gen2 RPR

Ruger Gen2 RPR

Ruger has done some mods to the original , changed the handguard , put a alloy not plastic bolt shroud & a muzzle brake , and more importantly raised the price $200 USD , too me I would take the older model at the lower price point , but you will have no choice as the Gen2 is the new version

Can you even get one out of the states?I thought they are flying off the shelves

Will they make them in 338 lapua?
    Beaker likes this.

Ruger used to make a 416 rigby action that could have accomodated the Lapua, but that was at a time when the 416 was more popular than the lapua. Their rifles have always been for the greater hunting market than target shooting market. When you see the machinery going in their factory,at a guess I would say they have to manufacture 500 to a 1000 rifles based on an existing action like the ruger number 1 or that old 416 rigby action to start making money, and probably 3000 to 5000 rifles to break even if they were to design a new target type beefed up bolt action around the 338 lapua. I guess they also look at not just what they are going to sell the first year but what tehy are going to sell the consecutive years. They could make a Barbie commemorative 10/22 and still sell ten time as much as that elusive 338 lapua target rifle.