Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By bodvii
  • 5 Post By bodvii

Thread: Ruger Precision .223/5.56

Ruger Precision .223/5.56

Interested in hearing from anyone who has one of these? Apparently were done in a limited run in the last few years. Does it function well? Accurate? Missed one on trademe earlier this year, on the lookout for one, just curious how well they run, and are they worth the money over a standard Ruger .223?

I ment to respond to this earlier. I have an RPR in 223 and love it.
    I guess it depends on want you want it for in regards to if it's worth it over the standard Ruger 223.
    I have put 500ish rounds through mine, maybe more and have only shot factory ammo at this stage. In that time I think I have had one weird missfeed, other than that it has functioned perfectly as best I can remember. The AICS pattern mags give heaps of room for seating projectiles far out if you're hand loading.
    Mine shoots really well with the Aussie outback 69gr ammo.
    It shoots between 1/4 and 3/4 inch 5 shot groups with that ammo all the time. I have shot a few 10shot 1/2" groups and 100m too.
    The gun is heavy as heck, so not very well suited for walking too far with, but on the other hand, the low recoil of 223 + heavy rifle + muzzle break, makes it unbelievably pleasant to shoot, you can see you hits at any distance. Pretty much 22lr level, but lots of noise.

I did have an issue with mine puncturing primers on some Hornady ammo. Ruger had it sent to a gunsmith who inspected the gun and said it was all in spec - haven't touched any Hornady ammo in it since.

Everything else is just normal RPR features, so it you have played with one of those, it's exactly the same. I can give my thoughts on those things like trigger and stock if you want.
    Jamesyd and singularity like this.

Name:  20211221_215818.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  567.1 KBName:  20211221_215800.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  255.7 KBName:  20211221_215853.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  212.3 KBName:  20211221_215637.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  313.2 KB