Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By res
  • 1 Post By Ryan
  • 1 Post By Steve123
  • 1 Post By Chilli_Dog

Thread: Saiga ak Parts questions!!!

Saiga ak Parts questions!!!

Muzzle Brake AK / SKS 4 Types | Trade Me

AK MI Detachable Rear Scope Rail Side Mount | Trade Me

These are two parts i want to buy.

I found a way to import gun accessories and parts legally but it's quite pricey.

These listings on trademe doesn't look like original but do you guys thinks it will be alright to use?

I am not really worried about scope mount but I don't want to put anything unsuitable on the barrel....

Any comment will be appreciated!!

Thanks~

res
    The brakes can be bought for half that sellers price from alexpress, I would bet that's how he gets most of his stock.
    Cheep buy probably won't fail, a higher cost brake would likely work a lot better and last longer due to closer tolerances and better material/heat treating.

There are a lot of fake mi products out there, no idea if this guys is or isn't sorry. You could just order one direct from the likes of brownalls. Or buy a fake from alexpress, they are ok as long as you leave it on.

There are a number of makers in NZ who could supply you a more effective brake, admittedly at a higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GNAR likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

The mount is a copy of the the good MidWest Industries AK mount, which costs around US $120.
    I would save your money for the real deal.
    Welcome to Sako club.

UTG PRO is also a decent option and has a detachable side rail. ~USD45 on Amazon.
    GNAR likes this.

Trademe SKS parts made me loose patience and get a mini 30. I've come to the conclusion that if it's not through a physical shop where you can return it if it doesnt do what it claims it will be a ill fitting disfunctional piece of crap made from melted down woks . I even got a $12 scope that makes things appear smaller. PM me if you live round Franklin and I'll happily give you some SKS receiver cover mounts.<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

GNAR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Trademe SKS parts made me loose patience and get a mini 30. I've come to the conclusion that if it's not through a physical shop where you can return it if it doesnt do what it claims it will be a ill fitting disfunctional piece of crap made from melted down woks . I even got a $12 scope that makes things appear smaller. PM me if you live round Franklin and I'll happily give you some SKS receiver cover mounts.<br />
    <br />

I have tried using some Chinese rings and bases on an air pistol and it amazes me that they can make these simple extrusions so wrong that they are not functional, I mean all the weaver dimensions are on the net. On the flip side though if you buy from Aliexpress as opposed to trademe it tends to be much cheaper and if it doesnt work most sellers are pretty quick to give full or partial refunds so they dont get bad feedback.
    GNAR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    I have tried using some Chinese rings and bases on an air pistol and it amazes me that they can make these simple extrusions so wrong that they are not functional, I mean all the weaver dimensions are on the net. On the flip side though if you buy from Aliexpress as opposed to trademe it tends to be much cheaper and if it doesnt work most sellers are pretty quick to give full or partial refunds so they dont get bad feedback.
    Mini 30 came with solid rings.
    came to the conclusion SKS's just aren't meant to be scoped lol. Only bummer is the mini only likes $28 packet ammo

I think most of the trade me ones are done in a Chinese pensioners back yard using sand molds