Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Sako Finlight II

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Sako Finnlight II

I know there's a thread about this somewhere but couldn't find it so here goes

I'm in the market for a new alrounder & now that these have been out a while, interested in peoples thoughts & experiences with em ? cheers
    Last edited by Philipo; 11-01-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I have one in Creedmoor love the rifle not that light about 3.7 kg with VX5 and dpt shoot real well I find I don't need the adjustable cheek thing with low mounts.
    Shoots really well

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Philipo, Jaco Goosen and xtightg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    I know there's a thread about this somewhere but couldn't find it so here goes

I'm in the market for a new alrounder & now that these have been out a while, interested in peoples thoughts & experiences with em ? cheers
    If you can afford one of these you're about a red pubic hair away from owning a Carbonlight. I'd take that next step... loving mine!
    Philipo, crewe2, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Duley liked it in the review he did in 300wsm.

Would make an excellent all rounder in my opinion.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    I have a Finnlight II in .308 and it's very ammo fussy and not that light. I would opt for a Carbonlight over a Finn II.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....ight-ii-39702/
    Philipo likes this.

Saw one today for the first time today and i thought it was quite heavy for a so called light weight . I tend to agree with planenutz for the price go the whole hog and buy a carbon light ,they at least feel light .

Sako Carbon light in 6.5x55 would be what I would get if I was in the market for an all rounder.I put 50 shots through one and was very impressed.
    Philipo, jakewire and HUNTY like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

If I had the extra$ I would have gone carbon light over fin 2 but still another$1000.
    Maybe a standard Finlight and add a high-tech stock.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    I have one in Creedmoor love the rifle not that light about 3.7 kg with VX5 and dpt shoot real well I find I don't need the adjustable cheek thing with low mounts.
    Shoots really well.
    The stainless baffle in the DPT adds a fair bit of weight and isn't really necessary with a bolt action's slow rate of fire. Have a friend who had one on his DPT in a Sako A7 .308 and after taking it off and just going with the remaining baffles the rifle balanced and pointed a lot better. Still very good noise reduction.

Thanks I might do that

I’d spend the extra and go carbonlight if I was in the market for another one as well.
    I usually run 1 baffle less with a dpt and don’t notice any difference with noise myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Philipo likes this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

I just weighed my fin 2 and it's just on 4kg with VX5 and DPT so I think sako published weights are a bit out.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Saw one today for the first time today and i thought it was quite heavy for a so called light weight . I tend to agree with planenutz for the price go the whole hog and buy a carbon light ,they at least feel light .
    Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    I just weighed my fin 2 and it's just on 4kg with VX5 and DPT so I think sako published weights are a bit out.

Yeah cheers for the replies guys, two things I wondered about have been answered thanks to 25 / 08, I like the idea of an adjustable check piece, but probably not needed when using a 25-30mm tube realistic sized hunting scope & Re - the weight, fuks me off when they tweak the "real world" weights of things.

I was initially looking at a Strasser, very cool rifle but the latest price has blowin out & they're quite heavy ( seems Europeans think anything under 7.5lb is light weight lol ) so still on the fence, but thinking a Carbolite sounds like the go
    buzzman, 25 /08 IMP and 10-Ring like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I have a carbonlight in 22-250 with vx5 and hardy Ti suppressor. All up just a bit under 3.6kg. That’s without a sling though
    25 /08 IMP, Jit and superdiver like this.

Hi philipo, the money for the horse magazines hasn’t cleared yet, please get back to me
    Danny likes this.