Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PaulNZ

Thread: Sako Finnfire II Ring Mounts

Sako Finnfire II Ring Mounts

Looking for 1” dia rings to fit the 11mm dovetail on a Sako Finnfire II. Preference is for plastic inserts so not to mark the scope tube. Height needs to accommodate 40 or 44mm objective.

The factory Sako Quad rings don’t have inserts, nor do the Warne 7.3 / 22 rings. Burris Signature seem to be the only ones that tick all the boxes (but I’m not fond of the coin-slot and would prefer Torx or Allen), unless there are other options that I’m missing??

What are others using?

I've got sport match on mine. Not plastic inserts but nice rings and light weight.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I have some 11mm to picatinny adapters that would increase your options. I also have a DIP picatinny rail for a Sako Quad that I think would be suitable for the Finnfire 2

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I have some 11mm to picatinny adapters that would increase your options. I also have a DIP picatinny rail for a Sako Quad that I think would be suitable for the Finnfire 2

Thanks for the info, I’ll keep that in mind.

I found out the Sako do 11mm bases to suit their Optilock ring / base arrangements, but can’t find any in NZ and it’s likely to mount the scope too high anyway.

Did you bring in the DIP rail yourself or source it locally? I was thinking about their billet trigger guard, but understood they didn’t sell / send internationally?

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    You can get some of the DIP stuff from Delta Tactical in Aussie or Kinneys Shooting Supplies in the States, they will ship up to $100USD of product

If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Here is the mount height for my sportsmatch rings.
    This is a 3-12x44 scope (Hawke Vantage).
    I needed the low rings LT031C. Their spec is for 32mm objective but as you can see they are just right for this action and barrel. I did get the higher ones first but the scope was unnecessarily high and I spent the extra money to buy these low ones a few days later. For .22 shooting you really want it as low as possible because many shots are taken at short ranges and you don't want the bullet to start any further below the sight line than absolutely necessary. Also, this stock has a low cheekpiece and I get only a rudimentary cheek weld. The finnfire has a specially low bolt lift so there's no problem clearing the ocular end of the scope. I've got a sako base and ring setup on my 85SS and it's much higher and heavier than needed. Go for a low one piece ringmount.

Name:  Finnfire 2 3to12x44 Vantage and low sportsmatch rings.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  263.5 KB

Here it is from above. There are two screws attaching it to the rail and two each side on the rings. The rings are rated for airgun shooting.

Name:  Hawke scope and sportsmatch rings.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  132.2 KB

This is the packaging showing the part number.

Name:  Sportsmatch low 1 inch ring pkt LT031C.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  192.9 KB

I'm not sure where else you can get them but I phoned up and ordered mine from Youngs Airguns

I go for leupold ringmounts when looking for a neat option in 11mm dovetail. Check ringalignment when mounted and then lap them in lightly - you won't mar scope tubes and no need for plastic inserts.
    Bagheera likes this.

I've got some Leupold rimfire ringmounts and they are indeed beautiful.
    They have one hex screw each side and the same key fits the cross screw holding them onto the rail.
    They are an elegant lightweight option.

Yeap , Sport Match , if the Quad is like the old Finnfire P94S , then one piece mounts ala AI should work , as I think Sport Match also makes the mounts for Accuracy International , these can have in-built cant as well .