Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: For sale: Sako PPC 22mm rifle

For sale: Sako PPC 22mm rifle

Message me if you are interested. Also have reloading equipment and brass for the PPC.

Sorry I think it may be a 6mm, but will check with local gun shop. I inherited the rifle and only know that it is old and rare.
    Last edited by Suze; 27-10-2016 at 06:18 PM.

How much and photos? People like to buy with their eyes
    Feather or Shoot likes this.

Is it a single shot or magazine fed?

Will post some photos tomorrow ��

Single shot

Here are some photos. It is a 22 cal ppc USA made in Finland. It says Sako ppc b 990. I believe it needs a trigger guard and perhaps a clean of the trigger assembly. The bolt has surface rust but comes off with a scrub and some oil. Inside barrel looks good outside has some small surface rust spots. Would recommend you view.
    Name:  IMG_0144.JPG
Views: 1221
Size:  928.3 KBName:  IMG_0146.JPG
Views: 1163
Size:  932.7 KBName:  IMG_0148.JPG
Views: 1201
Size:  942.7 KB

QUOTE=Suze;530942]Message me if you are interested. Also have reloading equipment and brass for the PPC.

Sorry I think it may be a 6mm, but will check with local gun shop. I inherited the rifle and only know that it is old and rare.[/QUOTE]
    7mmsaum likes this.

And your price please?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    It should have the calibre stamped on the left side of the barrel just in front of the receiver.

Had a single shot 6 PPC I bought new in 1989 by special order. The bloke I sold it to says it still groups around .2 MOA for five shots after 1600 odd rounds. Not many of the single shot rifles in 6 PPC and .22 PPC were imported into NZ. The magazine versions were more common and even then, not that common.

the same rifle that was on TM a little while ago . . . very desirable if its not been abused, to much . . going by how the butt pad has been put on, the rust, trigger guard missing its not been looked after . . . what a shame.
    Last edited by rossi.45; 11-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    the same rifle that was on TM a little while ago . . . very desirable if its not been abused, to much . . going by how the butt pad has been put on, the rust, trigger guard missing its not been looked after . . . what a shame.
    Yeah and on TM it had a $7000 reserve I don't think the owners of this deceased estate know much about the current value in it's current state. I thought the one and only bid for 1K would have been tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Yeah and on TM it had a $7000 reserve I don't think the owners of this deceased estate know much about the current value in it's current state. I thought the one and only bid for 1K would have been tops.
    it was my bid on TM . . . a very high risk rifle to buy sight unseen . . . but a classic

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    it was my bid on TM . . . a very high risk rifle to buy sight unseen . . . but a classic
    Yeah, I would be nervous! The amount of external corrosion makes me cringe as to what the internal is like. Cleaning up the bolt could be a hassle too if pitted, they are skinny little things.

Interesting that you are offering your expert opinion when you have never seen the rifle, you seem to spend a lot of time putting other people off purchasing this rifle, especially as you were so interested in purchasing it for $1500 Rossi.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Interesting that you are offering your expert opinion when you have never seen the rifle, you seem to spend a lot of time putting other people off purchasing this rifle, especially as you were so interested in purchasing it for $1500 Rossi.
    i said here i was interested with reservations, i said i would go as high as $1500 with the reloading gear etc if the barrel checked out, that is a fact

you dont know shit about firearms, thats a fact . . the rifle has obviously been what i would call abused by fcking morons, thats a fact

i have no furtther interest in this rifle . . that's a fact

good luck with saling the rifle . . . R
    specweapon and Tommy like this.

how dare you Rossi. You have never ever seen the rifle to even be able to comment on the condition. How dare you be so rude towards me and my late father. How do you live with yourself after attacking people you don't know. Easy to hide behind social media. I will never sell this firearm to you EVER, so stop emailing me. With such a horrific temper displayed on social media, how are you even mentally fit to handle firearms? My suggestion to you is to grow up, stop abusing people you don't even know, because if you continue I will lay a complaint with this site.