Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    northdude

sanderson bayonet

rare any good whats the approx value of one

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    rare any good whats the approx value of one
    If you mean the Pattern 07 for the #1 Mk 1-3 * SMLE...not rare. As for value, that depends on a range of things, such as, original edge on blade or resharpened, condition of the wooden handles, with or without scabbard, blade blued - rusted -clean ?, etc

As for price, IMHO and what I would pay: generally speaking a work day example with expected "wear and tear" $100 / $130 . Ditto, with scabbard in good condition $150 upwards.

IF with "quillon" as per example, https://tinyurl.com/wb8qbyl the sky is the limit.............DONT get excited at this example's price as it is not original. it's a modern day replica
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 29-02-2020 at 08:27 AM.

northdude
    Ok was told they are worth more with certain markings on them but don't know much about them

Ok was told they are worth more with certain markings on them but don't know much about them
    You are correct, manufacturers markings on bayonets, may, as with marking on most "army surplus", increase the value and "some" bayonets are rare. However, you originally asked the old " How long is a piece of string" type question and gave no information.

If you have a bayonet, then provide images and descriptions of the markings and I may be able to help.:>)

Shawn at Bayonet Connection has quite a few 1907 bayonets listed, including a Sanderson. Will give you an idea on pricing (in US$)
    http://www.bayonetconnection.com/aus...ns-p-3741.html

SiB
    We can’t import these now? Or is it doable as a collector/customs clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    We can’t import these now? Or is it doable as a collector/customs clearance?
    A remnant from the days of Helen Clarke who had a hissy fit about edged weapons and now bayonets are prohibited imports..............But since then I have managed to bring n some with a Police Permit......when such a thing existed . Even then, although I had a Police Permit to import two of two different varieties, some officious chair polishing customs twonk would only give me one of each.
    As times have not improved, heavens knows now what hoops and hurdles we may have to leap through to get "that which we desire."

northdude
    i dont own it but looking at buying one for my no3 its a 1941 sanderson looks in original condition

i dont own it but looking at buying one for my no3 its a 1941 sanderson looks in original condition
    If it's for a #1 Mk 3 /* then it has to be a Pattern 1907 https://tinyurl.com/r93u9gw which doesn't sound like anything out the the ordinary, so be careful as to what you pay. A few points.

1...Be prepared to pay extra and get a scabbard. Too many around minus scabbards and the scabbards add considerably to the "partnership" value.

2...They get listed frequently on Trade Me and https://tinyurl.com/tajvqpz is just one an example .

3...Before buying, compare prices of the SOLD 1907 bayonets on TradeMe

https://tinyurl.com/wpwtcaz

as there are dreamers around believing they have a rare ware antique and price it accordingly. REMEMBER the value's starting point is what it sells for, not what they ask for it.

With over 5 million made by the Brits alone just in WW 1, and that's not counting India Australia etc and WW 2, I'm surprised that the dreamers don't also consider 303 bullets as being in the same rare category.................some of them do.

northdude
    Ok cool it's got a scabbard as well