Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sauier 100 Bolt Disassembly

Sauer 100 Bolt Disassembly

I have a Sauer 100 rifle in 308, every so often I get a misfire, light primer strike on factory ammunition, which I only use. I thought I might disassemble the bolt to see if the firing pin spring is gummed up with grease from the factory.
    I can't work out how to unscrew the shroud/firing pin assembly from the bolt body, only 2 notches/positions, cocked and uncocked, similar setup to the Mauser M18, there is a youtube video on it's disassembly but not for the Sauer 100...I thought as both rifles are made in the same company they would be similar but I'm hesitant to try in case I stuff the job.

Has anyone been down this road before? Might have to bite the bullet and take it to a gunsmith otherwise.

https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40210

some info in here that might be pertinent
    Moa Hunter likes this.

before going down that route...try CRC 5.56 type spray inside the bolt body as much as you can get ...or soak it overnight in 2stroke petrol..... any grease will disolve.

Have you ever had a pierced primer at any stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Goosen View Post
    Have you ever had a pierced primer at any stage?
    No, thankfully. I have another Sauer 100 in 270, never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    before going down that route...try CRC 5.56 type spray inside the bolt body as much as you can get ...or soak it overnight in 2stroke petrol..... any grease will disolve.
    Good idea, I’m onto it.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40210

some info in here that might be pertinent
    Interesting, I’ll try soaking the bolt as suggested and try the method shown if the problem persists.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    The bolts of first gen Sauer 100's have a really great party trick, you can install the bolt with the handle facing the opposite side of the action & then if you'll real lucky it will get stuck & you have to pull the rifle apart to remove it.

I had some photo's of this but can't find em as did a magazine review on a Sauer 100 7rm few years back when they were Imported by a NZ company ( can't recall who ) it was their demo gun & a complete Dog that shot like shit ( apparently unknown to me someone had removed all the bedding washers, which didn't help ) By the time the review was to be printed a new Australian distributer had taken over & all the early issues had been sorted so I pulled the article.

They're not a bad budget rifle especially if you like to be different & not into Tikka's.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Sauer 100s were invented by Satan himself and all the machine work was carried out by Michael J Fox
    RV1 likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

the mind boggles that something in 2021 can leave shop floor like that...SURELY the yanks have sued by now and they have been recalled??

This is the Sauer rifle in question, with a Pard 008 NV scope alongside a lone boar I shot the other night. Thankfully, I've had no misfires hunting, only sighting in on the bench.

Name:  IMG_2569.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  4.24 MB
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Disassembly

I am dealing with this same issue on a new Sauer 100XT Classic in 6.5SE.
    I discovered that it you can put the bolt into something that holds the bottom (bolt ring) stationary and turn it opposite the direction it moves to fire, the bolt assembly disconnects from the bolt shroud. In the image I attached, the bolt is held vertically with the bottom wedged into a groove in a piece of plywood. The bolt would be turned clockwise to unlock it.

Sauer told me that there are two styles of spring, the original with fewer coarse coils and a newer version. My original looks like this (see attachment) and is an original.
    As you can see, it is liberally slathered in thick grease--I've removed much of it and am hopefully that will help a bit. Sauer is supposed to send me the new version of the spring, and I hope it will fix my light strike problems. My problems likely are because I am shooting exclusively military primers in Swedish Army brass (wooden practice rounds-- you pull the bullet, dump the powder, and you've got once used pre-primed brass!), and Sauer has said the rifle is designed for softer commercial primers. Wish I'd known that before purchasing, but it's not exacly a common issue.

Hopefully the two attachments are visible, since I joined the Forum simply to provide this reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    trooper90 and Moa Hunter like this.

Nice pix and reply.
    Is there a way to remove the cheezy bolt ball and install a good looking ball?