Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mudgripz
  • 1 Post By SiB
  • 2 Post By bumblefoot
  • 1 Post By Husky1600

Thread: Scope for .22 Win mag (marlin)

Scope for .22 Win mag (marlin)

Hello ,
    Could I please have the professional opinions from the characters on the forum.

I am after a scope for my .22 winmag marlin . So far I have been looking at the guncity branded scopes and the bushnell scopes. I want to spend $200 or under.

3-9x40 is the range I am looking at and I wont be shooting past 100m , well just yet I wont be. I will be hunting rabbits/magpies and the occasional feral cat on the family farm.

Thanks
    Patience Is A Virtue

Recent Ranger scopes from GC are actually quite good - quite clear. Had one recently and it appeared to be Nikko class - fine for a rimfire.
    Entry level Bushnell also ideal. You don't need expensive optics or even AO for 0-100m bunny shooting. My Marlin 22 mag uses a Tasco World Class 4-16 and does the job very well. Newer Ranger, Nikko, Bushnell, Tasco will likely hold zero well and that's your need. May not be dial scopes but for 0-125m magnum shooting you don't really need it.
    Jusepy likes this.

SiB
    Watch out out for a second hand loopy 4-12 VX1. You might be lucky
    Jusepy likes this.

I've been using a Simmons 3-9x on my 10/22 and have been very impressed with it. Good bang for buck. Never lost zero and accurate clicks. Cheers
    mudgripz and Jusepy like this.

Really nice 2-7 Burris on that other "Yellow" site. Nice scopes for a 22, think they're asking $160
    Jusepy likes this.