Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Original Striker

Question Scope Choice? Nightforce Vs Sightron

Ive gota upgrade my scope sooner rather than later and Ive been loolking at the New Tac turreted MOA Sightrons in either 6-24x50 or the 8-32x56. they can be gotten for a decent price and are meant to be just shy of the Nightforce performance wise (just not as tough).

Whats your guys opinion, I know ya'all have one

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Lethal has one (at least)
    I've held off buying one as I didnt like their reticles -however things are chnaging or have changed.
    There is a big price gap between them, however the quality gap is small.

Also another one to consider maybe would be Vortex Viper PST - i have got a 4-16 and very happy with it so far - im comparing it against my Nightforces as far as optics and winding ability if that helps?

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    I'm thinking the new March 2.5x25 or 5x32 might be my next scope
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Have you narrowed it down to those 2 scopes or your not aware of other options? How and on what are you going to use it?

MEB
    cowboy has a sightron. Said the same as everyone else when he first got it. But after a year of heavy use the coating on the glass has gone weird and you can no longer see through it very well.

The Original Striker
    Ive sorta narrowed it down to these two. If I could get a NF HS turret(no ZS) for a decent price here in nz that would sway my decsion some what, Its going to be used on a 7mm rem mag. Id really like a March or S&B but at the end of the day my eyes cant disearn the differance between a March and NF. Prefer not to go to the vortex.
    What model was cowboys scope MEB?

MEB
    It wouldn't have been anything flash. I'll find out.

The only trouble with the NF is they are a big heavy scope for a 7mm mag the March is alot lighter and smaller in size. Personally I think the March has better glass than than NF but the NF will be better in low light.
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Striker If its a dedcated LR rifle then Night Force, if its a carry rifle then I personally prefer something lighter than the 30+ oz a night force weighs.The sightron will be lighter and a lot cheaper.If you cant tell the difference between a NF and a March then it could be well worth a real look at the vortex HS or PST range along with plenty of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The only trouble with the NF is they are a big heavy scope for a 7mm mag the March is alot lighter and smaller in size. Personally I think the March has better glass than than NF but the NF will be better in low light.
    Which NF will be better than which march in low light? they both make a range of scopes with diferent sized objectives, from what Iv seen given equall exit pupil then the march is better.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Striker If its a dedcated LR rifle then Night Force, if its a carry rifle then I personally prefer something lighter than the 30+ oz a night force weighs.The sightron will be lighter and a lot cheaper.If you cant tell the difference between a NF and a March then it could be well worth a real look at the vortex HS or PST range along with plenty of others.

Which NF will be better than which march in low light? they both make a range of scopes with diferent sized objectives, from what Iv seen given equall exit pupil then the march is better.

I was talking about the 2.5x25x42 March

The March I looked through had much better glass than my NF, but I didn't like the thick cross hairs.

A MK4 would be hard to beat for weigh etc, except for a VX3 LR, both had better glass than the NF I tested.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    The March I looked through had much better glass than my NF, but I didn't like the thick cross hairs.

A MK4 would be hard to beat for weigh etc, except for a VX3 LR, both had better glass than the NF I tested.
    Premier Light Tactical...

Better than a mk4/vx3... but then I'm biased... Better than any NF I have owned (optics wise). Glass as good as my Swarovski Z6. Simple turret design, 2 turn, zero stop with indicator for 1st/2nd turn and L or R windage. illuminated reticle. Feels the same weight as my mk4 with alumina covers.

Actually, I'm wrong, the mk 4 is awesome... Want to buy mine?:grin::grin:
    http://www.eurooptic.com/premier-ret...in-dt-ccw.aspx

Also in milrad if that is your flavour

If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post

If that was mine Greg it was the DE Plex in hunting scope,plenty of finer choices that are more target focused. Have at times wished the posts where a little heavier but I find the cross hairs bloody good for a non iluminated reticel .This was about 600 yds on 18x IIRC.
    Name:  PB300147.jpg
Views: 4635
Size:  75.2 KB

That Premier looks very nice Sam, how are you finding it and the FFP?
    Last edited by sneeze; 06-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Haven't used it enough to really say for sure. The reticle is very fine in the centre at 3x, but with the illumination on it's easy to see in low light. Here it is at 3x...

The turrets are nice and positive, and I like the lower profile of them compared to Mk4's. I thought pretty hard about a March, but got the Premier in at a good price so went that way. And I didn't want to wait about 6-7 months to get the March I wanted...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more