Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt2308

Thread: scope imports

scope imports

Looking at new nxs scope can we get direct from states ? Is there any tax or customs to pay is it worth the hassle .cheers

scope imports

Might be better to get it from Oz.
    Yes there will be import charges but should still work out cheaper.
    Do your research and make sure you are still happy with warranty options.
    Dead is better likes this.

Yes there will be customs handling fee and any item over $400 will incur GST. Just work that into your equation when working out total cost with exchange rate etc. Make sure they'll ship that out of the States first before committing! Aussie has a few options too if you have a look there.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Some places will be happy to email you the invoice and only include an invoice for the shipping + approximate $100 odd value of the item with the physical package... This will get it through customs without the sting. I've done this a few times. If you don't ask you won't know

Just run your numbers thru What's My Duty? | Duty Estimator
    For goods I enter Golf Clubs just to get the calculation done.
    For the value a NF will be you will need a Client Code (easy to do on line) and as well as gst you will pay Entry Fees of $49.24 (Bio etc)
    A lot of the USA sellers will no longer sell to "aliens", part of NF trying to protect their overseas distributors.
    There was a recent thread on here about a problem with a NF scope and the being returned to the seller Queensland I believe.
    Sounded like a better option to get a scope from Oz than USA nowadays.

Be very careful getting values downsized, assuming you find a seller willing. If your item goes missing, and some do, you will only recover the value declared by the seller at the time of shipping. Some sellers will not include the value of shipping on the invoice and this can be a small win plus if the scope goes missing the overall value is still up there for insurance recovery..

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Be very careful getting values downsized, assuming you find a seller willing. If your item goes missing, and some do, you will only recover the value declared by the seller at the time of shipping. Some sellers will not include the value of shipping on the invoice and this can be a small win plus if the scope goes missing the overall value is still up there for insurance recovery..
    Also be aware if its via NZ post/Aussie post if its a firearms related product they won't knowingly carry it so if you have to make a claim you may struggle with it if it is a firearms related product.....

I just got lumped with a tax bill for a custom knife, they will base the tax on what the poster puts for insurance value.

Brought a scope from euro optic USD1500, after it was landed, xchange rate, tax paid incl shipping was NZD2350. This was one and half years ago.

Was worth it than buying here, I asked all my questions (first time buyer) and said I was ready to buy.