Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hermitage

Thread: Scope Repair

Scope Repair

My Nikko Sterling Platinum 4-12x50 elevation mechanism just gave up on me today...it just doesn't seem to change the point of impact anymore (up or down).

Anyone know if Andrew Rackstraw in Upper Hutt is still repairing scopes (or even still alive....).

I've found his street address (2A Argyle Gro Trentham Upper Hutt) but his email is not working as gets sent back to me (rackstraw@paradise.net.nz).

If anyone has his email (so I don't have to write him a letter...are they still used?), that would be appreciated.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

I will PM you his phone numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    My Nikko Sterling Platinum 4-12x50 elevation mechanism just gave up on me today...it just doesn't seem to change the point of impact anymore (up or down).

Anyone know if Andrew Rackstraw in Upper Hutt is still repairing scopes (or even still alive....).

I've found his street address (2A Argyle Gro Trentham Upper Hutt) but his email is not working as gets sent back to me (rackstraw@paradise.net.nz).

If anyone has his email (so I don't have to write him a letter...are they still used?), that would be appreciated.
    The paradise emails were closed down a few years back so his email will definitely have been made to change....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

I have just got off the phone with Andrew who is now in his 80's and is still doing the odd scope repair. He sounds in good health and still talks about his motorbike trips to the Bay of Plenty.

If I was to send it down to him he quoted me a very reasonable price to fix the elevation control. Thanks for the replies to my post.
    caberslash likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    I have just got off the phone with Andrew who is now in his 80's and is still doing the odd scope repair. He sounds in good health and still talks about his motorbike trips to the Bay of Plenty.

If I was to send it down to him he quoted me a very reasonable price to fix the elevation control. Thanks for the replies to my post.
    We have a similar bloke here in the UK who does Pecar scopes by the name of Paul Burke. A national treasure!