Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Scope ring options

Question for the gurus - I’ve a old German scope that’s 27mm in diameter. 1” rings won’t work unless it’s milled out slightly so I’m thinking of putting spacers into a 30mm ring to fit.

Would a delrin bushing that’s converts a 1” to 7/8 do the job? Since 7/8 of an inch is 2.225mm and it’ll bring my 30mm ring closer to 27mm? Or should I just put some thick rubber inserts between the ring and scope?

Thanks for the incoming advice!

I haven't had a 27mm before (plenty of 26's) but a gunsmith of precision engineer will be able to ream out a set of 25mm rings (as long as they have a little bit of beef) for very little money, its literally a 15 minute job with the right gear.

If you're using it on a normal recoiling rifle (up to things like the 30-06 etc) having a delrin bush made will work (but again you'll have to have them turned to fit properly). I had bushes made for a light 7x64 (nearly a 7mm Mag) and with a heavy scope they slipped.

Banned
    26mm seems much more likely.

Should be no trouble getting rings for a 26mm scope, whatever style you want.

Ive got some 26mm rings, and some delrin inserts imported from Germany to take a 30mm down to 26

Thanks heaps guys. I’m fairly certain it’s a 27mm scope because I’ve measured with a vernier caliper but either way it needs to fit into a scope ring. They were meant to fit into a claw mount and I want the convenience. So I’ll go with the delrin inserts for a 30mm to 26mm for now. I’ve 30mm scopes so if it don’t fit nicely, I can transfer the rings to another scope.

I’ve several of these vintage German scopes that need fitting so figured I’ll start with one. Very nice glass for a 1920 scope.