Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Selling/buying firearms parts

Selling/buying firearms parts

What’s the deal with selling/buying firearms parts like suppressors online now? Can you still just sell and post or do you have to go through the more gruelling license verification process like we do for a complete firearm?

The later.
    Most private sellers are not bothering though.
    stagstalker likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Supressor ? surely you mean short section of drain pipe .....
    stagstalker likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

About the only thing you don't need a license for is a gun 'cabinet' guess it's because you could store anything in it but the same could be said for various firearms parts
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped undies View Post
    its another law that hasn't been very well thought out. What if the suppressor is for an air rifle. I'm not blaming the shop but I had to have a fal to buy a fricken thread protector. Do they think your going to go on a rampage with a 1/2x20 thread protector or something?
    All the gun laws are thought up by muppets that have no knowledge about firearms of any type and don't care as they are not going to
    impact on them, Not that I am a fan of ACT but they are the only party in parliament that is friendly towards the shooting sports
    Voting for the other three only hurts FAL holders.
    chainsaw, Huk, keneff and 2 others like this.

Its a law that will only get used when they want to hit someone with a ton of hurt. I doubt anyone will be monitoring let alone acting on the zillion of nondescript bits and pieces that we all buy all the time to make things work. Well, yes, gun stores and suppliers will have to comply. But if you get caught with something you shouldn't have and, God forbid, you put it together by purchasing bits and pieces you then assembled, you can expect the sky and the mountains to fall on you and whoever else was involved. Right?
    Danger Mouse likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

It may be stupid, but it is the law. If police were to do a sting on here, buyer / seller would potentially face loss of licence or more. Be very careful people!
    Ranger 888 and 40mm like this.

Personally its easier just to get the right bits of paper as its much less stressful and not too difficult. Find bloody couriers to ship it is more of a headache

I don't think they are as stupid as we all enjoy giving them credit for.

I reckon they are intentionally making red tape and otherwise bullying us out of the sport.
    While they will never get rid of us all, they surely know that they will be making a big difference in the numbers of new FAL holders, and also renewals.

PNHQ, you are a bunch of power tripping, know it all pricks. You mongrels know too well there is an almost endless list of examples of your collective incompetence.
    As for the Police union..... Cahill knows he is a rodent. Who voted him into that position? Some of you normal cops need to ask yourselves why that rat is still your representative.

Disgraceful, the lot of you. Now piss off and leave us alone.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    All the gun laws are thought up by muppets that have no knowledge about firearms of any type and don't care as they are not going to
    impact on them, Not that I am a fan of ACT but they are the only party in parliament that is friendly towards the shooting sports
    Voting for the other three only hurts FAL holders.
    It's not about effective legislation. You have the wrong mindset. It's about making it difficult for license holders.
    Ranger 888 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I don't think they are as stupid as we all enjoy giving them credit for.

I reckon they are intentionally making red tape and otherwise bullying us out of the sport.
    While they will never get rid of us all, they surely know that they will be making a big difference in the numbers of new FAL holders, and also renewals.

PNHQ, you are a bunch of power tripping, know it all pricks. You mongrels know too well there is an almost endless list of examples of your collective incompetence.
    As for the Police union..... Cahill knows he is a rodent. Who voted him into that position? Some of you normal cops need to ask yourselves why that rat is still your representative.

Disgraceful, the lot of you. Now piss off and leave us alone.
    You are correct.
    And Cahill the weasel got in because nobody else ran for the position

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    You are correct.
    And Cahill the weasel got in because nobody else ran for the position
    Well that sucks about Cahill getting in because nobody else wanted the job.
    Maybe next time around someone decent will put their hand up.
    Use enough gun

Yeah, well, what do you expect? This morning, on "Stuff" of course - Saint Jacinda's lap dog, Coster, reckoned gang tensions were the cause of increasing gun violence. Phew! Thank fuck for that. All his time I thought it was US - you know law-abiding forearms owners. They can't even decide that issue without tripping over heir plodding feet. I just looked and that little snippet of "news" has disappeared. Maybe Stuff didn't want us to keep seeing how confused the pleece management is. Don't ever expect logic or commonsense, ever from he mob supposedly running our poor little country. Cnuts.
    ripped undies likes this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.