Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Selling off due to shortages?

Selling off due to shortages?

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed a few nice 7mm Rem mags getting sold off and taking longer than usual to get snapped up? My theory is a lack of powder and projectiles is putting the punters off. I’ve got a mate who has almost completed setting up a 7mm mag, but has had to shelve it because he can’t get anything to feed it.

Of note, those of you with 25 Val’s are sorted. Good stocks of projectiles everywhere for that bore size

Most things sell if they are a realistic price.
    There is still RM ammo out there if you look but yes it's very limited.h
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter_Nick View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone noticed a few nice 7mm Rem mags getting sold off and taking longer than usual to get snapped up? My theory is a lack of powder and projectiles is putting the punters off. I’ve got a mate who has almost completed setting up a 7mm mag, but has had to shelve it because he can’t get anything to feed it.

Of note, those of you with 25 Val’s are sorted. Good stocks of projectiles everywhere for that bore size
    if he is around chch i could sell him some ammo
    Hunter_Nick and CBH Australia like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    I had noticed there had been a few 7mm mag's for sale recently, but I had also noticed a lot of stuff (not just 7mm's) seems to be taking a while to sell. I assume it's just the time of year, people don't have a lot of spare cash post Xmas (and probably quite a few on holiday too).
    tetawa and timattalon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    if he is around chch i could sell him some ammo
    Kind offer, but he’s in the King Country. There is ammo around, but he’s wanting to get it dialled for long range, so ELD-Ms are the flavour. Demanding big prices at the moment.

Luckily for me, the faster powders that I use are easy enough to get, and I only use 26gr at a time

Still need powder to run the 25's though
    Hunter_Nick likes this.

Kind offer, but he’s in the King Country. There is ammo around, but he’s wanting to get it dialled for long range, so ELD-Ms are the flavour. Demanding big prices at the moment.

Luckily for me, the faster powders that I use are easy enough to get, and I only use 26gr at a time
    i used them, then went to 147 grain projectiles. sierra partitioned.
    they fly very flat and hit like a hammer.
    Joe_90 likes this.

NRT

O Jesus a right Einstein

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I see theres a 7mm rem mag built on some unicorn shit on the yellow site atm

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...3423592202.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I see theres a 7mm rem mag built on some unicorn shit on the yellow site atm

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...3423592202.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    and one day his kids will grow up and leave home,and will be thinking,should never have sold that rifle.....

Ive seen plenty of 7mm mag ammunition in stores.no shortage to speak of.....its not really a fire hundred rounds a day on range sort of rifle to begin with...3 to check zero then go hunting,maybe fire 3-4 shots for weekend to account for 2-3 animals so a box of 20 will last awhile. 3 trips anyway LOL.
    10-Ring likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    and one day his kids will grow up and leave home,and will be thinking,should never have sold that rifle.....

Ive seen plenty of 7mm mag ammunition in stores.no shortage to speak of.....its not really a fire hundred rounds a day on range sort of rifle to begin with...3 to check zero then go hunting,maybe fire 3-4 shots for weekend to account for 2-3 animals so a box of 20 will last awhile. 3 trips anyway LOL.
    Mine only ever needed 1 shot per animal, it never missed and 1 animal per trip was generally more than enough to deal with
    gadgetman, tetawa and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

whats that I hear you say???? you want to buy another??? perhaps a heavy barreled remington 700 with awesome trigger and great stock,something with heft not one of them flimsy plastic type things,less than hundy rounds down the always cleaned tube....... well man do I have a deal for you....
    dannyb and Borris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    whats that I hear you say???? you want to buy another??? perhaps a heavy barreled remington 700 with awesome trigger and great stock,something with heft not one of them flimsy plastic type things,less than hundy rounds down the always cleaned tube....... well man do I have a deal for you....
    Nope, luckily for me my 270wsm was equally as devestating
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Is there still much demand for .270 Win caliber rifles or are they no longer fashionable these days?.
    Nah they have fallen out of favour....everyone should send me there useless unproven 270 projectiles and powders for safe disposal
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Is there still much demand for .270 Win caliber rifles or are they no longer fashionable these days?.
    Not only unfashionable, they simply don't work anymore. Definitely send your unused 2213sc powder this way.
    dannyb likes this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.