Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Sending scope back to Leupold

Sending scope back to Leupold

Hey team, can someone enlighten me on the what you need to go through to send a VX-6 scope back to Leupold for a service after black specs appeared on internal glass.

I’m going to send it directly back to the USA as opposed to going through local channels as I don’t want the unnecessary delay.

I’m interested in whether I need to apply from any temporary export permits etc.

Recommend companies to ship through? I’m thinking Fedex at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA Tussockstomper

Send it to nz asia and they can send onto to leupold for you

I am sending one of mine back today to get the new zero lock 2 turn turret

least with yours the warranty will cover shipping
    Abovedabush and Sarvo like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

If you do send it back yourself make sure you get an import permit as well for re-entry into this country

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Send it to nz asia and they can send onto to leupold for you

I am sending one of mine back today to get the new zero lock 2 turn turret

least with yours the warranty will cover shipping
    I sent mine back through them but warranty doesn't cover shipping to the USA

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Abovedabush View Post
    Hey team, can someone enlighten me on the what you need to go through to send a VX-6 scope back to Leupold for a service after black specs appeared on internal glass.

I’m going to send it directly back to the USA as opposed to going through local channels as I don’t want the unnecessary delay.

I’m interested in whether I need to apply from any temporary export permits etc.

Recommend companies to ship through? I’m thinking Fedex at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe they are sending back weekly now still 6 week wait

I sent 1 through nzasia 2 weeks ago now. Again they reckoned about 6 weeks. Dont know why but felt alot more comfortable knowing there was a bulk lot of scopes going rather than 1 individual waiting to get "lost"
    mikee, bigbear and Max Headroom like this.

I sent mine to Nioa in Queensland, an older model that wouldn't track, they just replaced it in the end as the lens coating delaminated when re assembling, no cost great to deal with.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Dont dick around, send it through NZ Asia. Excellent service, not constantly worrying if you got it right, dont have to worry about stupid permits. The 6 week delay is over and done with in no time, and you stand a pretty good chance of getting a brand new scope delivered back to your local retailer. If you need it for the roar or whatever just slap a spare scope on it in the meantime.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    If you do send it back yourself make sure you get an import permit as well for re-entry into this country
    @Kiwi Greg Won't it still get stuck in Auckland due to NZ Post not delivering? I want to get a scope from Natchez but don't want it stuck up there... Cheers

years back i took a tumble, broke a 4x32 leupold clean in 1/2 behind the turrets. thought what the hell maybe its salvageable, sent it back thru the agent ( too long ago to remember) and a new scope was delivered despite me saying completely my fault.
    on a similar not i just brought a buck knife back from usa, took it out of its packaging and it was faulty, contacted buck who told me to sent to nz agent as proof, new knife arrived after a few weeks (it was over xmas too)
    and this is why we buy from companies who go the extra mile to keep customers !
    Micky Duck likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Sent my VX6 with fly shit on the inside back via NZ Asia. I also got it converted from ZL to ZL2 at same time. I paid for turret mod and a small amount of shipping. If they loose it, they will replace it. Why bother trying to be the guy wanting to "handle it myself"

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    199p, mikee, Husky1600 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    @Kiwi Greg Won't it still get stuck in Auckland due to NZ Post not delivering? I want to get a scope from Natchez but don't want it stuck up there... Cheers
    Yep it will still get stuck with NZ Posts retarded policy, if its sent though them, use Fedex a little dearer but no drama

But if you don't have an import permit & they decide its a firearms part it will get stuck & you will most likely get a shitty letter from Detective Inspector Trevor Pullen threatening you with prosecution & or forfeiture of goods as you breached or caused someone to breach the arms act 1983.....

you could also write direct to leupold and get a work number and then send direct

Bos
    What Mathias said - Id definitely take that option
    Jason and the guys at NZ Asia are great to deal with
    mikee and woods223 like this.

Emailed Leupold about mine couple of years ago they directed me to Nioa in oz and they dealt with me from there,no problems but things might have changed with the new dramas involving gun parts.