Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ultimitsu

Thread: Sharing experience of bits and pieces bought off Aliexpress

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar

Sharing experience of bits and pieces bought off Aliexpress

Most people here, I imagine, would be on the constant look out for deals and to try out different things. Aliexpress usually sell interesting things that are potentially useful. I thought it would be a good idea that we share our experience of buying various bits and pieces from Aliexpress.

Name:  11-20mm.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  169.9 KB

These turn your 11mm dovetail into 20mm weaver ($7 per pair). Super light, tight fit, low profile. Excellent build quality. Be careful with the screw placement as some wide rings may not fit. I have these on my 54MS in order to mount the next gadget.

Name:  SKWgear-SKWoptics-M4-AR15-30MOA-Angle-One-Piece-Scope-Mount-30mm-mount-for-1913-Picatinny-Rails..jpg
Views: 218
Size:  16.0 KB

Low cost and decent quality 30moa 30mm one piece rings. deep enough for most scopes, over height a little high for some. For only 40 dollars, I now have my Zeiss 5-30 on the 54MS zeroed at 50m and still has about 40 MOA left to dial with. Alternative would have been Anschutz 20 MOA mount cost 144 plus shipping from optices-trade.eu, then a part of rings on top of that.

Name:  skw 30moa.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  274.4 KB

Next up, one piece 11mm mount:

Name:  onepiece ring.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  268.4 KB

My son is six years old, he is too small for standard scope mounting position. With this one piece mount (15 dollars) the scope is mounted back a lot further than usual yet is still strong enough, he can shoot this gun with a good cheek and should wield.

Also I should mention that this is a very good cheap scope. it cost me about 100 dollars and dutifully served for about 10 years, 6-24 with AO and can focus down to 15 yards. Last weekend the little guy was shooting iphone sided steel plates at 50, 77, and 110 metres with this 1965 Annie. The scope was able to accurately dial back and forth between these distances.

Name:  teagle imax.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  328.2 KB

These Firewolf 30mm rings (13 dollars) have 6 torx screws each and the front ring has weaver mount on top for accessories. Very good quality for the price. While not as pretty as my Burris and Leupold rings, they function flawlessly and cost a friction of the price.

Also in the picture is IMAX 2-16 scope with ED glass, side focus, and illuminated tactical reticle. Out of all the Ali scopes I have tried this is is the best one. can be hand for about $440 NZD. A bargain. Downside: 800 grams, reticle is at an odd ratio (1.2 mil per line at max magnification), eyebox is small at higher magnification.
    Damnitchy and Waldo Peens like this.